Mint turns ideas and insights into products people love. We work with large corporations, nonprofits and ambitious startups to solve hard problems and make an impact on the world.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a designer who wants to learn and make an impact.
You will need to be comfortable working throughout the lifespan of a project, from initial sketches to launch. You will need to take ownership and work closely with others to strive for digital products with maximum impact.
The design team at Mint is responsible for all stages of design including product thinking, user research, prototyping, testing, interaction design and visual design.
Don’t worry if the criteria doesn’t fit you perfectly; we are not a big agency and our design team is small, so we are looking for someone who fits well with the team and what we’re trying to achieve rather than someone who checks all the boxes.
It would be great if you had:
- 2-3 years of industry experience designing digital products
- Interaction and visual design
- Experience of rapidly prototyping and testing ideas, getting stuff out there, iterating and learning what sticks
- A user-centered approach to design
And even greater if you also had:
- Experience of working across multi-disciplinary teams
- Willingness or an interest in balancing production work with project delivery
Why work at Mint?
Mint is an independent product development studio. We have a deliberately small team. This means that every team member has a high degree of autonomy and in return must take a high degree of responsibility. As a result you will learn more, faster at Mint than you would at a large agency. We also build our own products and are one of a handful of agencies in the world ever to have done it from conception to launch, through growth and to exit.
We work on projects we believe in, and we have a shared desire to create products that change something for the better. Previous designers have gone on to land prestigious jobs at Apple, Buzzfeed or to create their own startups.
Our London office is at White Bear Yard, and we share with a great mix of startups in new technology and venture capital. We’re next to Leather Lane market, which is full of delicious street food stalls.
We’re friendly and supportive. Every Mint gets at least one week per month working on venture experiments, and flexible working conditions. We have always gone the extra mile to support our team’s individual career and personal needs.
We have an office in New York and all of us work across borders, occasionally visiting each other to streamline sprints and lift spirits. Every year we go away to the countryside to work on our own projects for a week. One of our all time favorites is upvoter.co
How to apply
If Mint sounds interesting to you, please click the “Apply now” link below and fill out our short application form. If we like what we see we’ll be in touch.
This job is open to Part-Time as well as Full-Time applicants if that’s something you’re looking for.
More like this
- Back-end Engineer at NearSt
- Sales & Partnerships Manager (Business Development at ILoveGin.com
- Software Developer at Flynotes
- Product Designer (UI/UX) at Geckoboard
- Community Manager (Marketing & Operations) at ILoveGin.com
- UX/UI Designer at Hold
- Technical Project Manager at Powster
- Full-Stack Engineer at Thriva
- Senior Product Designer at Potato London Ltd
- React Native Developer at Flex