Trint is the scale-up that blows manual transcription out of the water. Our productivity platform automates the transcription process using artificial intelligence, letting users focus on extracting more value from the spoken word in big verticals like media, research and video production.
The company’s vision is shaped by its CEO and founder Jeff Kofman, an Emmy-winning foreign correspondent and war correspondent who estimates he transcribed thousands of hours of interviews, news conferences and speeches during his 30+ year broadcast career.
At Trint we’re proud of the culture we’ve built over the last 4.5 years: we’re passionate about our product; we’re team players; we care about our users,we’re proud of our diverse and inclusive culture. The company has 50 employees (+ two dogs) with our HQ is in Shoreditch in London; our North American HQ is in Toronto. We’ve just closed a £3.5M Series A, so we’re well positioned to reach for the sky.
Customers include: The Associated Press, The New York Times, ESPN, Vice News, The Washington Post, Thomson Reuters, Fox Sports, Der Spiegel, Deutsche Welle, Yale University, Nike and AirBnB.
Who you are:
As a hands-on Development Team Lead helping to develop cutting-edge innovations for our world-leading automated transcription platform, you will be as comfortable coaching others as you are writing code. Although you’re an awesome back-end developer you’ll be leading one of our full-stack teams, owning complete vertical slices of functionality from front-end to infrastructure.
You’ll be expected to:
- Foster a lean, outcomes-focused approach by encouraging the smallest amount of effort necessary to meet the product goal.
- Set the quality and performance bar high through empathy for design, code review, testing and writing code that can be an example to others.
- Fiercely manage scope to release incremental product value at pace.
- Work with the Product team to consider developer growth opportunities in project resourcing.
- Promote a culture of ownership and accountability – from product discovery to deployment and operation.
- Grow your team to excellence through continuous feedback, 1-to-1s and career conversations.
- Contribute your expertise and experience to guide our adoption of new (to us) technologies like Golang and Kubernetes.
You will work with:
- Node.js, GraphQL, MongoDB, Redis and Docker
- AWS services – everything we build is hosted there
- GitLab and Slack for collaboration and communication
- Incredible colleagues!
You must have:
- Five or more years industry experience architecting and developing highly-reliable, scalable back-end services, preferably on AWS.
- Three or more years experience leading an agile software development team and managing stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of the Kubernetes and Golang ecosystems and a desire to teach others.
- Strong experience identifying, diagnosing and fixing performance and security issues.
- Experience choosing and evaluating different technologies and approaches.
- Experience working in a cross-disciplinary environment, collaborating with others to deliver excellent results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ideally you’ll also:
- Have stories to tell. There’s no substitute for lived experience!
- Have some experience working with teams that include remote workers, with ideas on how to get the best from this scenario.
- Bonus points: experience in one or more of: ElasticSearch, data science, machine learning, distributed systems, iOS/Android development.
- EMI share option scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Team events & social Fridays
- A relaxed & sociable office environment
- Flexible working
- Gym subsidy
- Office snacks
- Cycle to Work scheme
- In-house yoga
- 25 day holiday allowance + bank holidays
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income protection insurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- And more to come. We’re on the look-out for new and exciting perks that help us on our journey to becoming an employer of choice, so watch this space.
Candidates seeking employment at Trint are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will create a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Come join our team.
Deadline for applications is 15th November 2019
More like this
- Head of New Sales at Hubbub Fundraising
- Front End Engineer at Legl
- User Experience Designer at Waggel
- Growth Lead at InsideOut
- SEO & PPC Specialist at Rock Mission
- Operations Associate at The Wine List
- Senior Product Manager at Onfido
- Sale Executive / Junior BDM at Zipcube
- Customer Success Manager at Zipcube
- Product Designer - UI/UX at Emma