Trint is the scale-up that blows manual transcription out of the water. Our productivity platform automates the transcription process using artificial intelligence, letting users focus on extracting more value from the spoken word in big verticals like media, research and video production.
The company’s vision is shaped by its CEO and founder Jeff Kofman, an Emmy-winning foreign correspondent and war correspondent who estimates he transcribed thousands of hours of interviews, news conferences and speeches during his 30+ year broadcast career.
Team Trint is crazy passionate about our product. We’re team players, we care about our users and we’re proud of our diverse and inclusive culture. The company has 50 employees (+ two dogs) with our HQ in Shoreditch in London; our North American HQ is in Toronto. We’ve just closed a £3.5M Series A, so we’re well positioned to reach for the sky.
Customers include: The Associated Press, The New York Times, ESPN, Vice News, The Washington Post, Thomson Reuters, Fox Sports, Der Spiegel, Deutsche Welle, Yale University, Nike and AirBnB.
Who you are:
As a hands-on Development Team Lead helping to develop cutting-edge innovations for our world-leading automated transcription platform, you will be as comfortable coaching others as you are writing code. Although you’re an awesome front-end developer you’ll be leading one of our full-stack teams, owning complete vertical slices of functionality from front-end to infrastructure.
You’ll be expected to:
- Foster a lean, outcomes-focused approach by encouraging the smallest amount of effort necessary to meet the product goal.
- Set the quality and performance bar high through empathy for design, code review, testing and writing code that can be an example to others.
- Fiercely manage scope to release incremental product value at pace.
- Work with the Product team to consider developer growth opportunities in project resourcing.
- Promote a culture of ownership and accountability – from product discovery to deployment and operation.
- Grow your team to excellence through continuous feedback, 1-to-1s and career conversations.
- Contribute your expertise and experience to further enhance our ways of working and technology evolution.
You will work with:
- The React ecosystem, Apollo and GraphQL
- Web media technologies
- GitLab and Slack for collaboration and communication
- Incredible colleagues!
You must have:
- Five or more years industry experience coding high-performance, public-facing web projects.
- Three or more years experience leading an agile software development team and managing stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of React, SPA routing, Webpack, BEM and bundle optimization.
- Experience choosing and evaluating different frameworks and approaches.
- Experience working in a cross-disciplinary environment, collaborating with others to deliver excellent results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ideally you’ll also:
- Have a presence online, on award sites or a strong portfolio of work you can talk through your work and explain your decisions..
- Have a good working knowledge of at least one server-side technology, preferably node.js
- Have some experience working with teams that include remote workers, with ideas on how to get the best from this scenario.
- Bonus points: experience in one or more of: webassembly, D3, complex SVG builds, canvas-based projects, iOS/Android development
- EMI share option scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Team events & social Fridays
- A relaxed & sociable office environment
- Flexible working
- Gym subsidy
- Office snacks
- Cycle to Work scheme
- In-house yoga
- 25 day holiday allowance + bank holidays
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income protection insurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- And more to come. We’re on the look-out for new and exciting perks that help us on our journey to becoming an employer of choice, so watch this space.
Candidates seeking employment at Trint are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will create a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Come join our team.
Deadline for applications is 15th November 2019
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full Stack Developer at Ayima
- Junior R&D Tax Consultant - Technology at The Accountancy Cloud
- Software Engineer at RMP Enterprise
- Senior Product Designer at Bark.com
- Senior Product Designer at ZOE
- Data Scientist at Ratio
- Senior Product Manager at Trint
- UI/UX - Product Designer at Got-it
- Data Scientist @ YC / Innovate UK funded startup at Got-it