Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics to the global financial sector. We deliver services to over 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports over 50 data types, including email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, and mobile messaging.
We’ve won major awards for our growth, management, and culture – including the Deloitte Fast 50 Leadership Award, Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and the Deloitte-sponsored Canada’s Best Managed Companies awards. Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in seven other cities across the world, including London and other major financial centers like New York and Chicago.
We’ve recently expanded our London operations to better serve our UK and EU customers. Our brand-new, four-story EMEA headquarters at 45 Cannon Street (near St. Paul’s Cathedral) features state-of-the-art amenities, a spectacular view of the city, and a conference centre for customer events. More importantly, it’s the base of Global Relay’s next major technical initiative, and where we will be building our next-generation products. We currently have over 450 employees worldwide, with plans to grow the London office significantly and have a 150-strong team in London by 2020. The Development team in London will work alongside our Business teams, solving complex and exciting business and technical problems.
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. These opportunities include working alongside members of our senior leadership team, receiving mentoring from seasoned technology and business professionals, and doing business with the world’s largest, most influential banks and enterprise organizations.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.
As a development team member, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of production systems and development/test environments. At Global Relay you'll use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000's of servers and the infrastructure that delivers a highly scalable and available service. You will also play a critical role in proposing solutions, automating processes, documenting systems components and contributing to the overall product.
The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at.
Technologies in Use:
- Big Data Technology (Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka)
- Deployment Automation (Puppet, Fabric, Ansible)
- Continuous Integration Systems (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Build Management Tools (Git, Maven)
- Scripting (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Monitor the performance and improve reporting on production systems
- Database administration and report generation on production systems
- Enhance deployment procedures and participate in deployments
- Maintain and improve build and continuous integration system
- Ensure proper management of development, test and staging environments
- Design and execute performance benchmarks
- General system administration tasks on Linux and Solaris platforms
- Provide 3rd level support
Technical Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience as a System Administrator or as a Developer with Operations experience
- Fluency with Linux
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl or Bash
- Solid understanding of networking/firewall concepts
- Experience doing service level measurement and analytics
- Experience with configuration management
- Experience with the following technology is required:
- Deployment tools such as Puppet, Ansible, or Fabric
- Continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo or Hudson
- Build systems, such as Maven
- Monitoring systems such as Zabbix or Nagios
- Virtualization technology such as VMware or Vagrant
- Containerization technology, such as as Docker or Kubernetes
- RPM or WSI packaging
- TSL certificates
- Load-balancing technology, such as HA-Proxy or Zeus
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Java development
- Big Data related technology, such as Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop or Zookeeper
Think you’re a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
More like this
- Business Development Manager (m/f/d) at Coffee-Bike International Ltd.
- Sales Manager (m/f/d) at Coffee-Bike International Ltd.
- Business Development Manager - UK & Europe at Compono
- Head of School Partnerships at ImpactEd
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Operations & Finance Manager at My Method Ltd
- Campaigns Intern at 38 Degrees
- Cultural Database Manager at Codec
- Full Stack Mobile Developer at OurPath
- Head of Design at OurPath