DevOps Specialist : Azure : FTSE 100 backed Accelerator / Innovation hub
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 Months Initially
Rate: Negotiable / Dependent on Experience
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new Agile project. This team are looking for talented DevOps Engineers with great communication skills. This new venture sets out to do things differently – taking a unique approach, balancing human-centred design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate, so you’ll certainly not be bored!
The team are a group of engineers looking for candidates who are willing to do more than just respond to issues. We thrive on working smart not hard, and always look for opportunities to automate as much of our operations as possible. We make our own alerts, find anomalies, fix issues and ask why things happen.
The team uses Open Source tools deployed in the Azure environment.
The primary Responsibilities are:
- Build the dev/uat/prod environments for the company’s Projects.
- Respond to issues of all sizes, from major outages to minor alerts, and fix or escalate as needed.
- Work with subject matter experts to learn new skills and bring them "home" to the team.
- Create and tweak alerts to improve our monitoring.
- Incident coordination, including sending mobile alerts to other Engineering teams based on the size and scope of incidents
- Solve problems and prevent them from happening agai
- Write and refine our troubleshooting guides and documentation.
- Experience in DevOps or a responsive engineering role.
- Strong background in Linux and/or Windows administration (you know the drill)
- Knowledge of version control software and concepts (preferably Git)
- Strong understanding of HTTP and TCP/IP
- Understanding of Application Security and Information Security controls (OWASP, ISO2700*)
- Excellent communication skills including ability to translate between "Engineering" and "Business"
- You do your best even if no one is watching.
- A sense of humour and teamwork.
- Collaborative, cheerful and nice to be around.
Would be awesome if you had knowledge of:
- Monitoring platforms: DataDog, Zabbix, or similar
- Logging platforms: ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK stack).
- Time series data platforms: Graphite, InfluxDB, Grafana
- Caching technology: Redis, Memcached
- Configuration management tools: Puppet, Consul, SaltStack
- Ticketing systems: ServiceNow, Jira, or similar
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Hashicorp Terraform
Production Environment Build experience:
- API gateway
- Swagger, GraphQL
- Setting up CI/CD pipeline
- Experience of Agile (Scrum & Kanban
- Git version control, working in a team environment.
- Understand 'Infrastructure as code’
- Experience in “Pipeline as code’
- Mobile app development (IOS & Android)
- Test driven development (TDD) & writing of unit tests
- Technical stack: React, Node JS, Salesforce, HTML5, CSS3, Azure, AWS, MySQL, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes
- Nice to have worked within start-up environments or incubators
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at CAST
- Chief Marketing Officer (B2B SaaS) at Intruder
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Front-end developer at Browser
- Software Engineer at Orkestro
- Implementation Engineer at re:infer
- Junior Developer at Arkk Solutions
- Head of Research & Development at ihorizon
- Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps at Arkk Solutions