Digital Marketing Consultant
Organisation: The Planet Earth Institute
Location: London, UK
Role: Digital Marketing Consultant
Contract: Temp. / 4 month
Salary: £30,000 Pro Rata
Start date: 22nd March 2017
The Planet Earth Institute (PEI) is an international charity working for the scientific independence of Africa – we believe passionately that science, technology and innovation should be at the heart of the continents sustainable development. We work to strengthen Africa’s higher education and PhD-level research institutions; support the incubation and development of technology able to help drive scientific advancement; and advocate for a science-led development agenda for the continent.
As part of our work, the charity has recently developed a new web-based networking tool and matchmaking service for great ideas for African development. Called the PEI exCHANGE, the platform provides a unique opportunity for users to engage with a hugely diverse global community made up of people committed to Africa’s sustainable development and who – by exchanging ideas, experiences and skills – are determined to take action and drive progressive change on the continent.
The successful candidate will take a leading role in the development, launch and growth of PEI exCHANGE. They will help shape the strategic vision and will be responsible for coordinating associated marketing and PR campaigns to grow the membership base. The successful candidate will also have strong background in data analytics, able to translate user experiences into future design and functionality developments.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for anyone with an interest in African development and passionate about digital marketing and great user design. There is the potential for this role to become full-time.
· Take a leading role in the development, launch and growth of the PEI exCHANGE
· Design and deliver a development strategy for the platform
· Coordinate multiple external teams of web developers and marketing and PR agencies to ensure the smooth development and continued growth of the PEI exCHANGE
· Utilise data analytics to identify trends and inform future design and functionality developments
· Plan and execute web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email and social media campaigns
· Identify new trends in digital marketing and evaluate new technologies, particularly related to app development and mobile marketing
· BA in Marketing (or associated field)
· 3 – 5 years digital marketing experience
· Experience building online communities of users and associated data analytics
· Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email and social media campaigns
· Strong knowledge of Wordpress (other platforms also an advantage)
· Knowledge of e-marketing software (e.g. Mail Chimp)
· Familiar with Photoshop, Illustrator and other image edit software
· Experience with social media and analytics (e.g. Facebook Page Manager, Google AdWords & Analytics, etc.)
· Passion for brilliant user design (web, mobile, etc.)
· An interest in African development
· Excellent project management, communication and organisation skills
· Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
· Flexible and comfortable working with ambiguity, frequently changing timeframes and short deadlines
Preferable but not essential requirements include:
· MA in Marketing (or associated field)
· Digital product management experience (development and launch)
· Experience working in a small team, coordinating digital content developers, marketing agencies, PR agencies, etc.
· Video editing skills
· Experience working on
More like this
- Digital Marketing Intern at The Organised Cleaning Company
- Sales Development and Marketing Interns at SomeoneWho Ltd
- Product Marketing Manager at Token, Inc.
- Co-Founder(s) at Growing Digital Content and Marketing Agency in London
- Intern at CEW Communications
- Back-end developer at Resonance
- Senior front-end & React developer at Resonance
- Project Coordinator at Foundry
- Client Lead at Founders Intelligence Ltd
- Creative Director at Craved