We're looking for a talented designer to join the team and help us make interfaces that are beautiful, engaging and effective.
Inktrap is a design studio that creates brilliant interfaces, websites and apps for innovative clients, from ambitious startups to established businesses.
There are currently six of us and we're now looking for a talented digital designer to join the team and help us make interfaces that are beautiful, engaging and effective.
As part of the team you'd be:
- Sketching out wireframes and screen maps with clients and the team
- Designing beautiful user interfaces for apps and websites
- Creating interactive prototypes to demonstrate your designs and test them with users
- Collaborating with developers to ensure your designs are implemented to a high standard
Just like the products we create we believe our own design process should continuously evolve. This means we’re always open to new ideas, processes or software which can help us design awesome products. As a product designer at Inktrap it’s important to us that you’re able to use your creative skills to help shape our design process as well as designing brilliant products.
This is a permanent role based at our office in London, not remote. Approximate start March/April 2018.
Skills and experience
Below is a list of the skills and experience that we'd like you to have but don't worry if they don't fit perfectly. As we're a small studio it's much more important that you're a great fit for the team rather than covering every point.
- 2+ years of commercial design experience
- Experience with common tools for design and prototyping (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and InVision)
- Strong portfolio of UX and UI design work
- Experience of working with developers to get your designs built
- Excellent attention to design and layout details
- Able to communicate your ideas clearly and explain design decisions
- Basic understanding of web technologies (HTML and CSS)
- Great at working independently from initial direction
- Good standard of written and spoken English
Any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience making interface animations using Adobe After Effects
- Previous experience at either at an agency or an in-house design team
- Experience running research and/or usability workshops to test UX concepts
We’re looking for someone who has a real passion for making great products and can become a core part of our team.
- £32-35k, dependent on experience
- Small, tight-knit team so you’ll have a key role in the company
- Fast-paced, varied work on digital products for a wide range of interesting clients
- Work/life balance – we don't do unpaid overtime!
- Modern co-working space in East London
- Events and workshops focused on design and development
- Regular team lunches away from the office
- Weekly team ‘Sandwich day’ lunch
- A sparkling 27” iMac to work on
- Coffee, tea, fruit water, free beer and cider on tap
- Great location (30 seconds from Aldgate East station)
Salary range £32,000 — 35,000
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Full Stack Developer at NUM
- Front-end developer at Browser London
- Founding engineer at Metomic
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Lyvly
- Customer Service Executive at Lyvly
- Full Stack Developer at Gener8 Ads
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites