Digital Technology Director
ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization co-founded by Bono and backed by more than seven million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and more effective aid and trade reform. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively deployed. ONE operates from Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York City, Ottawa, Paris, Rotterdam and Washington DC.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As the Digital Technology Director, you will use your advanced knowledge to maintain and develop ONE’s digital platforms to mobilize users around the world in the fight against extreme poverty. You will help manage ONE’s digital infrastructure working with external vendors, and coordinate work to improve its stability and performance. This position will work closely with a team of digital staff around the world; as such, the ideal candidate for this role will love project management and have extensive experience of Linux and Apache based server infrastructure. This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Director, International Digital and will be based in London.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Manage ONE’s web servers, Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Tools, and Content Management System (CMS)
- Lead on work to improve ONE.org’s stability and performance
- Manage Digital Producers in London and Washington DC
- Work closely with the Digital Producers and external vendors to develop ONE.org features and enhance existing functionality
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of ONE’s technical requirements for deliverables
- Organize and maintain ONE’s template and tool libraries
- Maintain server and other technical documentation
- Oversee technical projects and digital campaign builds
- Work with the wider Digital team and other staff to develop requirements around new projects
- Engage with vendors on technical projects
- Plan, conduct and supervise assignments, generally involving large, important projects or more than one project
- Review progress and evaluate results
- Act in liaison with other departments, divisions and organizations
- Assist with the review and evaluation of personnel performance
- Manage project-related budgets including responsibility for identifying the necessary components and managing expenditures within the approved budget
- Research projects costs for departmental activities on request
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- A minimum of ten years of post-secondary experience or equivalent, with at least three years’ previous experience in a lead or management capacity
- Experience managing a global team
- Eight years’ experience working with web and server technologies
- Strong experience of managing Linux and Apache based server infrastructure including PHP, MySQL/MariaDB, Capistrano, Varnish and Jenkins
- Experience of working with CRM systems
- Experience of WordPress development
- Familiarity with developing and deploying projects using Git
- Experience with REST APIs for front-end development
- Proficiency with SQL queries
- Project management and Agile development experience
- Ability to communicate project scope, timeframe and progress to non-technical colleagues
- Self-starter who can work independently and has a desire to learn new skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to multitask and determine priority projects/assignments
- Ability to think critically and independently
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to respond to a fast-paced work environment with shifting deadlines
- General interest and dedication to the mission of ONE
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- Experience of working with an advocacy/campaigns organization a plus
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty & preventable disease, please submit an application, resume and a cover letter on our jobs page. Applications that don’t include a cover letter may not be considered. This is a rolling recruitment. We will conclude the process when the job has been filled. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview.
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK without restriction need apply.
More like this
- Customer Success Manager at GatherContent
- Front-end developer at GatherContent
- Full Stack Developer in the Swiss Alps at inside labs AG
- Technical Director at BRAVOCOMPANY Ltd.
- London Lead Developer / Architect for UX Studio at This Place Limited
- Full stack developer at Skin Analytics
- Backend Engineer at BRAVOCOMPANY Ltd.
- Back-end Engineer at Victor
- Full-Stack Engineer at Crowdcube
- Client Developers at BRAVOCOMPANY Ltd.