A bit about us...
The Bakery is the most exciting business in London right now.
We are on a mission to make the world a more entrepreneurial place and, over the last five years, our brilliant team have designed and built a unique model and process which brings together the world’s biggest corporates with the best entrepreneurs and startups - to truly make innovation happen. We have continually iterated and refined our model to achieve something that no one else has: taking over 50 new technologies to market which we’ve done by partnering corporates with the best early stage startups. For the next stage of The Bakery journey we are building companies: connecting the best entrepreneurs with client problems to start new ventures.
About the role...
We are looking for an Engagement Manager whose role is to deliver exciting innovation projects to clients via the world’s incredible ecosystem of entrepreneurs. We’d love to meet someone who is passionate about the world of technology, loves working with clients, is a critical strategic thinker, and wants a new challenge in the fast-growing world of open innovation.
We are seeking people with experience in a client-facing role in a creative, digital or innovation agency – so you’ll have experience analysing clients’ briefs, thinking about creative solutions and managing multiple projects. You will learn our process of how to find startups to solve challenges, take technology to trial in market and then scale-up, through collaborating with our global network of tech startups.
You’ll have the chance to work with some of the world’s biggest brands and, by developing and managing our global network of startups, meet a constant stream of the most talented early stage companies who are building amazing technology.
We are a small but fast-growing company, so this is a fantastic opportunity to get your sleeves rolled up and learn by doing – and grow with us!
- Work with the rest of the client services team to analyse clients’ briefs and identify territories and ideas for the solution
- Use The Bakery’s network of entrepreneurs to find the right startup tech companies who could answer the brief
- Research the ever-changing tech startup landscape, meeting and reporting on companies you’ve met with
- Plan and manage timelines for your client projects
- Project manage trials that go ahead between clients and startups
- Assist with the planning and organisation of The Bakery events regarding the changing tech landscape
- Becoming an expert on emerging tech via meeting with entrepreneurs building incredible things!
A bit about you...
We’d love to meet someone who is super well connected in the tech world, who is passionate about helping entrepreneurs achieve great things and who has a strong reputation for connecting people and making things happen.
Key skills and experience:
- 2-4 years’ client-facing experience, ideally in a consultancy or digital, creative or innovation agency
- Effortless project management skills
- The drive and motivation to work without structure, process and support – we are a small team, growing quickly and you will be a key part of making this happen
- Must be friendly, fun and keen to get stuck in!
Life at The Bakery...
Working at The Bakery is a unique opportunity to learn from the best entrepreneurs and investors, to take on their mindset, attitudes and beliefs and apply them to the world’s biggest corporates - making real stuff happen.
You’ll fit in if you are about:
- Believing in possibilities
- Being real
- Getting it done
- Making things better
We want to hire the best, smartest, most diverse, curious and ambitious minds who are excited to come on this journey with us and work in an environment of constant learning and continuous improvement to really make stuff happen.
In return we offer a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you’ll be privy to some of the most exciting developments in the world of tech today. We are a sociable office and have regular team outings and events that you will become a huge part of.
More like this
- Back-end Developer at Rotageek Ltd
- Ruby on Rails Developer (CET - Remote) at Clevertech
- Backend Engineer (Python, Go, AWS) at Citymapper
- Senior Developers at VirtualSystems Limited
- Community Partner at Pirate Studios
- Technical Lead at Flynotes
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Talented Fullstack Ruby Developer at Homeshift
- Full Stack Developer at Zappar
- Customer Success Associate at OurPath