Framestore is a world leader in visual effects and animation across Film, TV, Commercials and Immersive. Having won multiple industry awards for our work, Framestore is now looking to bring the same level of excellence to our real-time Engine capabilities.
The Tools Programmer will design, implement, enhance and ensure the proper functioning of tools that will expand the engine’s possibilities, helping improve the effectiveness of production teams. Tools will be designed and built in close collaboration with existing Software Development and Pipeline teams to enable Framestore to bring the benefits of cutting edge real-time technology to all aspects of the business, at scale.
Successful candidates for this role will join an Engine development team dedicated to shaping the future of how VFX and real-time engines evolve within the context of the film, television & immersive industries.
- Design and implement features in-engine and assess their feasibility to enhance the production pipeline
- Develop and debug code, with documentation and support
- Profile and optimise code to an agreed design strategy
- Integrate and support plugins for third-party applications such as DCC and productivity tools (Maya, Substance, compilation, build process, etc.);
- Work with CG artists and technical directors in order to understand their practices and workflows, proactively looking for opportunities where tools can bring improvements
- Design tools with intuitive, artist friendly, user interfaces capable of wrapping complex backend systems
- Peer review technical designs with other software engineers
- Ensure designs are cognisant of scheduling parameters, by engaging production
- Research innovative ideas to improve efficiency and satisfy technical requirements
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity
- C++ (strong)
Skills and Experience:
- Use of UE4 in a professional environment
- Evidence of tools developed, utilised and comprehensively documented within a team environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience in programming tools.
- Knowledge of real-time rendering, rasterisation, skinning, animation, etc.
- Solid understanding of CG with respect to VFX or Games
- OpenCV, GPU programming an advantage
- Solves problems with tech: capable of self-direction
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude towards learning and sharing, team-oriented
- Extremely organised with an excellent attention to detail
- Deadline oriented; able to work and communicate effectively in a fast paced environment
- Genuinely passionate about emerging real-time technologies for linear and interactive content creation
Salary range £0 — 0
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Area Manager 2021, Pipeline to the Pathways Progra at Amazon
- Senior PHP Developer at Ticket Tailor
- Senior People Data Scientist at People Matter
- Full-Stack Developer at People Matter Technology
- FS/React Native Developer (1 Senior/1 Junior) at Optimum Health
- Data Engineer at Everpress
- Business Developer at Snowball Creations
- Principal Engineer (sixth employee) at Oliva
- Principal Product Designer (seventh employee) at Oliva
- Backend Software Developer (infrastructure) at Thirdeye Labs