About The Bakery
The Bakery is the most exciting business in London right now. We are on a mission to make the world a more entrepreneurial place and, over the last five years, have built a unique model and process which brings together the world’s biggest corporates with the best entrepreneurs - to make innovation happen.
As part of the next stage in our journey we have recently launched two new accelerator programmes - Start & Accelerate - which address large industry opportunities alongside our sports entertainment client. To do this, we need to find the best entrepreneurial talent and early stage startups.
About the role
The Bakery is hiring an Entrepreneur Scout to help us attract, assess and retain the best entrepreneurs & early stage startups worldwide. We are looking to build & grow £multi-million revenue companies over the next few years and the success of these companies will rest on having the world’s best founders behind them.
This is a newly created role in a new team where you’ll play a big role in making stuff happen in our small team. We are looking for passionate people who are curious and eager to learn. You’ll need to have the drive and determination to work without extensive structure and processes.
- Help to promote our new innovation programmes and attract inbound applications for Start & Accelerate – bringing ideas and creativity to the process of locating as well as attracting entrepreneurs. Anything from writing great copy for ads, landing pages, through to running in-person careers fairs
- Plug into and network within communities where technical talent is found: Universities, Tech Fairs, MeetUps, Startup events etc. Be visible in offline circles and communities where the best talent is hanging out!
- Build relationships with relevant industry contacts who will be able to support the programmes e.g. Co-working spaces, Universities and influencers
- Share & build upon learnings amongst team relating to psychology, entrepreneurship, leadership and talent
- Meet, assess and select the best talent through structured interview and assessment processes
- Onboard & track candidate details through our CRM system
- Meet with and qualify entrepreneurs & help to shape our investment thesis
We’d love to meet someone who is super passionate about solving problems with new technology and the right people: this role sits at the intersection of the two and your ability to piece the two together will be key.
Your must-have experience:
- Startup / early stage company experience
- Some exposure to the world of technology & accelerators is desirable
- Experience interviewing & assessing people is a plus
- Willingness to travel
About working with us
Working at The Bakery is a unique opportunity to learn from the best entrepreneurs, to take on their mindset, attitudes and beliefs and apply them to the world’s biggest corporates - making real stuff happen. This is a new division where early hires will play a pivotal role in ensuring it’s long term success: setting up processes and values for the long term future of the business.
We want to hire the best, smartest, most diverse, curious and ambitious minds who are excited to come on this journey with us and work in an environment of constant learning and continuous improvement to really make stuff happen.
You’ll fit in if you share our core values:
- Believing in possibilities
- Being real
- Getting it done
- Making things better
In return we offer a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you’ll be privy to some of the most exciting developments in the world of tech today.
More like this
- Senior Account Executive at Textio
- Talented Fullstack Ruby Developer at Homeshift
- Software developer at Applied
- Development Operations (DevOps) Specialist at Cambridge Cancer Genomics (CCG.ai)
- Business Development Associate at Dataswift
- Growth and Marketing (Associate!) at Dataswift
- Project Manager at Stairway
- Operations & Finance Manager at My Method Ltd
- Head of Growth at Honest Health
- Campaigns Intern at 38 Degrees