3beards exists to create meaningful connections and experiences that enable the startup community to thrive and we’re looking for a special someone to join us! We think it’s pretty clear that we’re an open, social and entertaining bunch, we love getting the community together and helping connect like minded people.
In this role you will be given the responsibility of looking after our 3 main startup events, Silicon Drinkabout, Don't Pitch Me Bro! and Chew The Fat. You will ensure they are well publicised, attended and executed, that they continue to be valuable to our community and that everyone has a great time!
You will be responsible for engaging our awesome community in other ways too! Silicon Drinkabout is global so you will be in touch regularly with organisers around the world, as well as creating interesting content and conversations in the Silicon Drinkabout Slack group. You will schedule regular content for our social media channels and ensure speedy responses to any questions or comments.
You’ll be working on:
- All event logistics including booking venues, ordering F+B, setting up Eventbrite.
- Attending and hosting our events; you'll become a familiar face in the community!
- Liaising with speakers, demoers and sponsors.
- Marketing to existing community across all channels (social media, offline, weekly newsletter etc).
- Marketing to potential new communities.
- Helping deal with inbound communications and customer relations.
- Working with the team to keep our newsletter (The Stache), the Stache Competition and the Beard Blog interesting and engaging.
You need to love people! You will have to work with lots of venues, suppliers, sponsors, partners and guests. If we spot anyone at our event that looks to have come alone, we go and talk to them and introduce them to others. We're looking for someone, approachable, friendly and confident.
You need to be super organised. You'll be juggling the logistics of multiple events, regular inbound communication, marketing and social media. We know that things don't always go to plan (which you'll understand when you deal with our ice supplier!) so you will need to be able to keep a cool head in stressful situations, deal with the problem at hand and appear calm and in control at all times. Good news is we're a team so there to help each other out when the sh*t hits the fan.
You need to be a good communicator. Marketing our events will also be part of your role. You'll ensure the events are being promoted via our own channels (newsletter, social media, in person) and other external channels. This will involve learning the beard voice/tone, regularly writing copy, and researching new marketing channels and methods.
From this role you will get:
- To work with the super tight knit team that is 3beards.
- A unique experience of working for a well known and loved brand.
- Putting your mark on already well established events
- Get to know and work with the best in startup – we've made some great friends along the way and they will become your friends too!
We are really excited to be hiring a new member of the team; we want you to throw yourself into the community and represent everything we stand for. We believe in promoting diversity in the tech industry so no, you DO NOT NEED a beard to get the job (if we had a pound for every time we get asked that we'd be very rich) You just need a passion for startups and a love for events.
We would love to hear from you, even if you have a question. Please:
- Click apply (it’s just down there ↓).
- Include a cover note, explaining who you are, what you’ve done previously and why you’re right for the role.
- Tell us about an event that you've been to that had beneficial outcomes for a small business - give detail of your opinions and observations.
We're really excited to meet you soon!
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at CAST
- Full Stack Developer at Ratio
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Software Engineer at Orkestro
- Client Success Manager at Inkpath Limited
- Head of Product & Technology at Everpress
- Senior Product Designer at Medopad
- Junior Project Manager at Lattimore and Friends
- Back-end developer (python) at Stasher
- Junior Developer at Arkk Solutions