Start by editing this text…Description
Our Systems Development team builds software for large Linux systems used globally in real production: high-performance computing (HPC, renderfarm), storage and file systems, system monitoring, and the Linux OS used by all of our artists and technicians.
If you would enjoy working as part of a small and innovative team then we are looking for a great software developer to join us.
One of our principal tools is our ‘FQ’ render farm software: a bespoke implementation of scheduling, containers, analytics and user interface. It gives our technical artists interactive control over multiple tens of thousands of processing cores, operating on petabytes of data. FQ has been the engine behind almost every image produced by Framestore for nearly 10 years.
With FQ and our other projects, members of the team are responsible for:
- design, programming, testing and deployment of software that meets real-world needs;
- maintaining existing software; proprietary and open source;
- collaborating with sysadmins on system design; and
- advising others (developer and non-developers) on systems and performance issues.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Several years experience of software development in a Linux or other Unix-like environment in either C or C++
- Experience in collaborating on software projects, including the use of source control (eg. Git) and reviewing patches
- Experience with distributed systems; TCP/IP networking, and event-driven architectures
- Knowledge of some of the interesting Linux kernel and glibc APIs
- Understanding of fundamental data structures and their performance characteristics
- Experience of front-end UI development in Qt, with attention to detail and presentation
- Experience with PostgreSQL databases and performance issues
- A working knowledge of programming in Python
A passion and interest in film and computer graphics are warmly welcomed! But prior experience is not necessary.
More like this
- Project Manager at Borne Digital
- Senior Software Backend Engineer at Midnite
- Back-end PHP (Laravel) Developer at Eventcube
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Head of Web Development at Forward Action
- Front-end Developer at Inktrap
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- Digital Marketing Manager (Social / Analytics) at KOTA
- Sales Representative at SkipsoLabs
- Front-end developer at DevicePilot