EF is Europe's leading early-stage investor in deep technology companies. We help Europe's most talented individuals to build high growth technology companies from scratch.
Over the last four years, we’ve built more than 75 startups, which are collectively worth over $500m.
We’re growing fast and have recently raised our second fund. To support the scaling of the business, we’re building out our Finance & Operations team, which is responsible for managing a breadth of processes, from financial accounting and management, to compliance, investor reporting and HR.
The Finance Analyst will be an integral part of the Finance & Operations function, and will enjoy a broad range of assignments and responsibilities, coupled with the opportunity to learn about - and experience first-hand - the workings and growth of a globally unique company builder.
What you’ll do:
- Manage tracking of spend by team and determine variance relative to budget
- Be responsible for paying invoices, reviewing and paying expenses, and settling creditor and debtor accounts
- Generate weekly cash reports for management
- Work closely with our accountants and book-keepers (third party) to reconcile transactions, complete VAT returns, and generate end of year accounts
- Support the Head of Operations in the analysis and interpretation of financial data to recommend actions and to create financial management reports
- Apply creative and critical thinking to identify and implement ways of increasing the efficiency of financial management processes
Who you are:
- You will be exceptionally pro-active and meticulous in your work, with great attention to detail
- You’re highly organised and thrive off getting things done to a high standard
- You are a high energy individual with a can-do, no-excuses attitude
- You have a strong desire to learn from others and evolve in a business environment
- You are interested in tech entrepreneurship and/or investment into startups and relish the opportunity to learn more about the startup ecosystem
- You want to work as part of a small team, and be surrounded by a buzzing community
- You will have some experience working in a professional environment
What you get:
Salary commensurate with experience.
Above and beyond financial compensation, the benefits of working at EF include:
- The opportunity to work with a fast-growing organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship - and changing the paradigm around startup creation - not only in the UK, but globally
- Being part of a buzzing space full of technical founders and being part of a small and fast paced team
- A generous pension contribution
- A 6 week holiday allowance (including the two weeks of Christmas and New Year)
- A book allowance to help us collectively build the EF library and access to our Cycle to Work scheme
If of interest, please apply or email Pan Demetriou ([email protected]) with your CV and an email outlining why you are interested in the job.
Location: London, Bermondsey
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Reports to: Head of Finance & Operations
More like this
- Payroll and HR Generalist at Festicket
- Country Sales Director UK at Starred
- Frontend Team Lead (React) at Festicket
- Data Analyst at WeFarm
- Front End Developer at GoKart London Ltd
- QA Tester at WeGift
- Digital Marketing Manager at Timberlake Consultants
- Senior Product Manager at Festicket
- Engineering Manager / Director of Engineering at DoctorLink
- Hotel Contracts Executive - Norwegian/Swedish at Festicket