We are looking for an experienced Firmware Engineer to join the team to help us build massively scalable wireless sensor networks for industrial monitoring. We are all about making our target industries more efficient, safer and more sustainable, and that starts with having robust, reliable sensors that get the correct data to our servers in a timely fashion. We're working on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which means huge sensor networks running in tough environments delivering time-critical data. If that's the sort of challenge you like to solve, read on!
What you'll do:
- Work on our next generation of wireless products to build resilient and efficient devices.
- Reduce the power footprint of our hardware so devices can last for years on small batteries.
- Take our firmware to the next level by making it feature-full, error-free, and high-performance.
- Help improve our firmware process through test-driven development, use of static analysis tools, and building a continuous integration pipeline to help meet deadlines with confidence.
- Help take us to scalability, with a solid code framework and foundations underpinning a common hardware platform.
- Help contribute to hardware tasks such as component selection, hardware issue debugging, and datasheet parsing.
We need you to have:
- excellent embedded C knowledge (4+ years);
- lots of experience building wireless devices, preferably at scale (2+ years);
- solid electronics knowledge (2+ years);
- experience of working with analogue and digital sensors over a variety of interfaces;
- experience with validation and testing of firmware, including performance, requirement meeting and automated factory testing;
- strong attention to detail;
- a desire to build something that can completely revolutionise how someone goes about their job;
- (bonus) experience with building very long-life (10+ years) battery-powered devices;
- (bonus) experience with Bluetooth LE, cellular devices and or other RF networks;
- (bonus) experience with the GCC toolchain including make, Eclipse, GIT, etc.
The typical Convergian is:
- generally curious about the world;
- serious, without taking herself too seriously;
- open-minded to any idea;
- willing to change her mind on the basis of the evidence;
- pretty strong-willed.
What working at Converge will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of scope for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be highly exposed to all areas of the business.
- We consider engineering quality of paramount value and will always look for the most rigorous solution to a problem.
- We are a very cross-disciplinary team, and come from all sorts of backgrounds and countries (from civil engineering to South-East asian studies, and over fifteen nationalities represented across the team).
- We have several keen cyclists, and offer the Cycle to Work scheme to all our team.
Salary range £40,000 — 50,000
More like this
- Senior Software Backend Engineer at Midnite
- Senior Full Stack Developer at Arkk Solutions
- Director of Education at Nomad Academy
- Senior Front-End Developer at Browser London
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Senior PHP Developer at Agent Software Ltd
- Digital Campaign Manager at HubbleHQ
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- Project Manager at Borne Digital
- Tech Lead - IoT/AI Device Software/Hardware at Archangel Imaging