We’re looking for a freelance front-end developer to join acasa, helping scale our home management app. Starting in Feb 2018, initially for 3 months, with the scope to become a permanent hire. Competitive rates depending on experience.
Our purpose is to build foundational technology for the home to help the world live better together, making the day-to-day problems people have in managing their living situation disappear. We’ve already built an app being used by thousands of houses across the world to track and split their shared household costs, and have now moved into setting up people’s household bills and utilities to be managed through the acasa app. The acasa app was launched in 2015 (as Splittable), and we are a funded startup, backed by some of the best investors in London, including Seedcamp and Playfair Capital. We’re based in Shoreditch, but don’t worry, you don’t have to like artisan coffee to work here.
The acasa platform comprises web, iOS and Android apps backed by a Rails stack that also uses Postgres, Redis, and Resque. We deploy to Heroku and use Wercker for continuous integration and testing. We use a WordPress deployment to handle the rest of our website.
We’re looking for someone with a strong design aesthetic and front end experience to help us elevate our website and web app to the next level. You’ll need strong opinions and stellar communication skills to help us deliver on this work while staying lean and fast.
We use Trello to stay agile, managing the product roadmap and current sprints with the development team, and Slack for team communication.
You’ll be joining an agile and highly motivated team where you’ll have the opportunity to learn quickly from the people who built acasa from scratch (that’s us!) and our network of mentors.
For us, this is deeply personal. Because we are the customer. We are Generation Rent. We inherently understand and respect the home, the individuals, the relationships, challenges, and dynamics of the housing market. We’ve felt the frustrations, dealt with the disappointments and put up with the problems. And we are completely obsessed with solving them.
That’s why we started acasa. To build foundational technology that runs the home, so the world can live better, together.
Our values are simple, but we live and breathe them:
- Live and learn
- Give a shit
- Be a champion
- need to have at least 2-3 years experience working on front-end projects and have excellent HTML, CSS and JS skills.
- need a strong design aesthetic – we have a great set of brand guidelines that need to be brought to life and be made to look beautiful across our website/web app
- ideally, have knowledge of the Ruby-on-Rails framework (where our web app lives) and how to style pages and templates within a Rails app
- ideally, have some experience working with WordPress and customising pages/templates – this is where the rest of our website lives (landing pages, FAQs etc.)
- have knowledge of working with CSS and JS libraries, but also have an appreciation of when less is more, so that we don’t rely on libraries for every single thing
- be expected to work flexibly, rapidly building product that we can then iterate into something beautiful.
In addition, we love people who:
- have a history of side projects and self-motivated learning
- possess an intense curiosity to identify trends and ship fantastic products
- are highly motivated and self-organised, with an eye for detail
- are not afraid to voice your ideas about how we can always get better
- are disappointed if you haven’t learnt anything new today
- have great taste in software and services
Please forward your CV, GitHub profile and any portfolio to jobs+front-end-web-developer [at] helloacasa [dot] com
More like this
- ReactJS -Frontend Developer (working with 3D data) at Trik
- Full stack Web Developer (Node + React) at Trik
- Junior Full Stack Web Developer at Schema
- Front-end Developer at ProdPad
- React Front End Developer at Powster
- WordPress Developer at Wholegrain Digital
- Product Lead at Plural AI
- NodeJS - Back End Developer (working with 3D data) at Trik
- UX/UI Designer at SuperCarers
- Senior Full Stack Web Developer at Schema