Who we are
BETR Lend are a tech-company providing online loans and credit cards to people with a thin credit file. There are over six million of these invisible customers in the UK alone.
People with a thin credit file are either excluded from credit entirely or are treated as sub-prime and charged payday interest rates. We think that is deeply unfair.
We are set to disrupt this multi-billion market by offering fairly priced credit through the innovative use of new data sources. We’re based in London with global ambitions.
We’ve recently completed our first round of funding by two top venture capital funds (who also funded Transferwise and Revolut) and some of the most reputable angel investors in the UK.
Join us and help put an end to predatory financial products and be part of an exciting and rewarding journey.
What you’ll be doing
You will work alongside the highly experienced CTO in developing the first versions of our lending product. This is a green-field development. You will be making all the choices with respect to the development of the front end, rolling up your sleeves and making it happen.
We have further fund raising planned and when this closes you will assist the CTO in building out the tech team.
The front end will be an SPA (in a framework of your choice). The backend will be Java (Spring Boot) exposing a REST/JSON API. We will use Docker orchestrated with Kubernetes on GCP and Terraform to define the infrastructure as code. Source code and CI/CD is with GitLab.
Downstream, we will build up NLP and machine learning to automate the credit decisioning process.
- Entrepreneurial and excited about working at an early stage startup.
- Confident in taking ownership of all aspects of the front end – from the UX/UI, to defining and implementing the build pipeline, to choosing the frameworks to use through to cutting the code and tests.
- You are passionate about building products that are differentiated by the user experience. But you are also pragmatic – time to market is key.
- You have a growth mindset: You’re excited to learn new things every day and have a passion to inspire and grow.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity in the business - you will own a part of the company that you are helping to build.
- Opportunity to shape the strategy and direction in a company with an important mission.
- Working with bright ambitious people who take pride in what they do.
- You’ll get to join one of the hottest new startups of 2018/2019.
Salary range £40,000 — 65,000
More like this
- Head of Product at Verisart
- Operations Assistant at Entale
- Full Stack Developer at Entale
- Data Scientist (NLP) at Entale
- FrontEnd Developer at Datantify
- Associate Product Manager at Zero Deposit
- Community Engagement Consultant at Duel
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Business Development Manager - UK & Europe at Compono
- Growth Manager at Enlitened (part of The Student Room Group)