We are a friendly team of technology experts who specialise in making web apps for the workplace. We believe that design-led thinking is the key to making great web apps, it’s not just how it looks, it’s how it works. It’s this approach that provides the foundations for everything we enjoy creating.
Working closely with our production team you’ll work on the development of bespoke web apps for our clients in the security, intelligence, pharma (and many other) sectors, writing code, experimenting, and prototyping with various solutions (such as Text Razor's NLP ai) that aim to help improve efficiency, streamline workflows and ultimately change the way our customers businesses work.
You will be encouraged to take your time when problem-solving, you’ll be tasked with sketching, wireframing, experimenting and testing technology, perhaps the prototypes you build will break, perhaps not – but the knowledge and experience you will gain will be used across the web apps you build.
You’ll be inspired to learn, share and develop your skills within our collaborative, cross-functional team in our friendly Shoreditch offices.
Who we’re looking for
Your understanding of UX design and knowledge of usability and interaction design will play a key part in our agile design and development process. Being confident with both visual design and front-end development, you feel comfortable voicing your opinion when it comes to making great web apps.
You’re comfortable using the latest languages and frameworks, helping to ensure the team picks the right tools for the job. You enjoy chatting about your ideas and concepts just as much as you like to design and build them. Perhaps your entrepreneurial spirit has led you to build a few web apps of your own.
We're looking for someone who has:
- An understanding of JS frameworks/libraries
- An understanding of UI pattern libraries/design systems
- An understanding of interaction and UX design
- An understanding of visual tools such as Sketch or Adobe CS
- An understanding of RWD and utilising progressive enhancement
- An understanding of using version control (Git)
- Knowledge of modern CMS products (WordPress/Craft)
- Exposure to tools such as Webpack/Babel
It would be great if you have:
- An understanding of the BEM methodology
- An interest/experience with JS libraries/frameworks such as React/Vue
- An understanding of templating languages (Twig/Smarty)
- An understanding of the factors that influence performance
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team
It would be absolutely ideal if you:
- Have a basic understanding of PHP
Salary range £25,000 — 35,000
More like this
- Product Design Architect at Deep Consulting Solutions
- Senior Backend Engineer at Tractable
- R&D Tax Senior at Claimer
- Product Owner at We Make Websites
- Producer /Data journalist at infogr8
- Data Scientist at Founders Factory
- Full-Stack Software Engineer Technical Lead at Wemby
- Head of Impact Partnerships at ImpactEd
- Senior Backend Developer at Dorm
- Front-End Developer at Stairway