A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make home-cooked meals using the freshest ingredients, perfectly portioned and delivered to your door.
We want to change the pet food industry for the better helping dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction.
At Butternut, we combine our love of dogs and technology to create a product that is redefining the pet food industry.
We are on a mission to provide the best customer experience, feed more dogs and revolutionize an arcane industry using the latest technology. That’s where you come in.
Who we are looking for.
You are a software developer with 2-3 years experience who loves React.js and SASS. You care deeply about engineering culture and the quality of products you and your team build. You love the web and new technologies. You have an analytical mind and love solving problems as part of a team. If you have made open source contributions to a project in any language (even English!) that’s a plus.
A bit about the role.
As part of the Tech Team, you will report into our Lead Developer. You will also work closely with the Production, Marketing and Customer Love Teams to help solve problems.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Contribute to the architecture and development direction of the team to ensure quality code is written and excellent products are built.
- Use React JS with ES6 and Flow, Redux, SASS and Haml to deliver quality, maintainable code.
- Collaborate and learn with other team members via pair programming, mentoring, code reviews, and technical talks.
- Learn about and champion best practices in code, architecture & processes.
A bit about you.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial 'can do’ attitude
- Passion for startups
- Obsessed with dogs!
What we can offer.
- Competitive salary & new MacBook Pro.
- 24 days holiday per year.
- Co-working office space with meditation yurt & podcasting booth.
- Weekly ‘lunch & learns’.
- Friday beers, monthly socials and quarterly off-site events.
- An energetic, creative, high performing BB squad.
- Office Dogs (Margot, Stanley & Audrey).
We have big plans to grow over the next few years so it is an exciting time to be joining BB. You will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in developing the products that will define the future of Butternut. This role is for someone who is hungry for that challenge.
Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences abilities and perspectives.
Salary range £32,000 — 36,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Front-end Developer at ProdPad
- Success Coach at Expensify
- Product Lead at Plural AI
- WordPress Developer at Wholegrain Digital
- Solutions Consultant at We Make Websites
- Operations Executive at SAM labs
- Web developer (Back-end) at ODICCI
- Data Lead at Plural AI
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Junior Analyst at BrickVest