We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Front-End Developer based in London to join the team working on our exciting Machine Learning product. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our World.
We are on a mission to develop a machine that predicts the global economy in real-time. Our technology helps organisations plan and optimise business outcomes, thus improving efficiency and protecting the environment.
causaLens in the news
- "Meet causaLens, a Predictive AI For Hedge Funds, Banks, Tech Companies" - Yahoo Finance [Link]
- causaLens in "The U.K.’s Most Exciting AI Startups Race To Scale" [Link]
- causaLens' Auto ML Platform Draws Interest from Discretionary Funds [Link]
- causaLens wins the "Best Investment in Deeptech" award by the UK Business Angels Association awards [Link]
- causaLens in the 100 most disruptive UK companies [Link]
- Financial Times - 'AllianzGI taps virtual data scientists amid war for talent' [Link]
- Forbes - 'Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe' [Link]
- causaLens Appoints Hedge Fund Veteran and Data Leaders to Advisory Board [Link]
Perks and benefits:
- Innovative and collaborative environment
- Cutting edge deep technology
- Equity / Share options
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl.
- bank holidays)
- Work from home and remote days
- Happy hours and team outings
- MacBook Pros
- Referral bonuses
- Conference allowance
- Library, culture & sports allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office and many more.
- Experience with VueJS or similar frameworks (React, AngularJS)
- Experience with Django and Django template engine
- Experience in developing front-end solutions on top of high-performance and distributed backend systems.
- Interest in improving existing UI/UX, creating a consistent design and responsive user experiences across multiple devices.
- Development experience in at least one scripting language - preferably Python
- Understanding of the full stack is preferable (REST backends and SPA frontends)
- Interest in machine learning/big data (prior experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Smart, capable and can write clean code effectively
- Attention to details
- Ideally, you should be able to work in London or be able to commute. Candidates outside of London who are interested in relocating will be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for exceptional and ambitious individuals to develop an automated machine learning platform for time series. You will work as a Front End Engineer in a team of software engineers and scientists. The application stack is composed of Python, Numpy, Scipy, Sklearn, XGBoost, Keras, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Ansible, AWS, GCP, and other technologies.
A degree in Computer Science, or applicable subject area would be preferable. You should have a proven experience programming for front-end development. You should be comfortable and experienced working on software with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others. You will be required to implement software at a high level of quality and take responsibility for the product and your contributions to it. You will be responsible from investigating, reproducing and resolving defects. You will be expected to work to and feed into development standards & best practices. Experience with collaboration tools and general programming tools is desirable. You should also have the ability to understand technical and advanced research material and transfer new ideas into code.