Elemendar is a fast-growing seed-stage startup in the Cyber Security space. Founded in 2017 at the UK's NCSC Cyber Accelerator, we use Machine Learning to solve a significant current security problem. Our product is an Artificial Intelligence solution augmented by human input that reads cyber threat reports by humans to turn them into industry-standard structured information, enabling faster response times to emerging threats.
We want to become a leader in the automation of Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) and its use in the front line to protect against cyber threats to government, industry and society. We recently closed a funding round and are looking for motivated people who will be foundational in growing and shaping the company. Our small, diverse team makes for an inclusive, interdisciplinary, and intellectually stimulating environment.About the role
We’re looking for a permanent front-end engineer (primarily helping develop our React SPA which interacts with a Python backend) to join our growing team and work closely with our lead front end engineer and the rest of our product team to develop our web-services and the delivery of Elemendar's machine learning models.
Our product is available to customers in a variety of ways, from web applications to Python packages. You will primarily be involved with adding new features to the front end to make our ML models more accessible to users in a secure and intuitive fashion. Tasks will primarily include improving user interfaces to enable the users to interact with the machine extracted data and provide feedback, as well as assisting in integrating, packaging and securely serving access to our services over HTTP APIs.About you
- Proven experience as a Front End Engineer or similar role
- Solid Python skills, with experience building APIs in Python for both internal and external consumption with frameworks like Flask
- Ability to work independently, with solid team communication skills; this may sound generic but we’re a remote-first team and most of us are currently filling multiple roles at the same time, so knowing that we can leave you to get on with things and communicate when things are going well or when you need help is vital
- Asking 'why' to help with collaborative problem solving, and balance delivering and refactoring / quality to get an effective solution in the shortest time
Nice to have
- Experience with cyber-security is not needed (though nice to have) - you’ll pick some up soon enough!
Experience with design and user experience tools
Experience building simple browser plug-ins
- Flexible location (GMT to GMT+5) and working hours
We value diversity in our small team and welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds and under-represented groups in tech. Our CTO is a woman and dedicated to supporting the engineering team with mentorship opportunities.
Do you want to join our team as our new Front End Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Software Engineer at NearSt
- iOS Developer at Pi-A
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Sales Development Representative at Marvel App
- Client Success at VeryConnect
- Senior Software Enginer at Hexarad
- Software Engineer at Hexarad
- Customer Success Associate(German Speaking) Remote at ev.energy
- Customer Success Associate (Remote) at ev.energy