Start by editing this text…
Mint turns ideas and insights into products people love. We work with large corporations, nonprofits and ambitious startups to solve hard problems and make an impact on the world.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a front end developer that wants to learn and make an impact.
You will need to be comfortable working throughout the lifespan of a project, from ideation to launch. You will need to take ownership and work closely with others to strive for digital products with maximum impact.
Don’t worry if the criteria below don’t fit you perfectly. We are not a big agency and our development team is small so we are looking for someone that fits well with the team and what we’re trying to achieve rather than someone that checks all the boxes.
Here are the things we’re looking for:
- Solid knowledge of HTML, CSS and building responsive websites/apps
- A modularity enthusiast (yay, living styleguides!)
- Version control with Git
- Willingness to give code reviews
- An attitude to problem solve and get things done understanding wider business goals and imperatives
- Willingness or an interest in balancing production work with project delivery/product ownership
Nice to haves:
- Experience working within a Rails stack
- Experience writing ES6
- Fundamentals of usability and UX design
- A willingness and an openness to learn
Why work at Mint?
We’re friendly and supportive. Every Mint gets at least one week per month working on venture experiments. We have always gone the extra mile to support our team’s individual career and personal needs.
Mint is an independent product development studio. We have a deliberately small team. This means that every team member has a high degree of autonomy and in return must take a high degree of responsibility. As a result you will learn more at Mint than you would at a large agency.
We also build our own products and are one of a handful of agencies in the world ever to have done it from conception to launch, through growth and to exit. This means that you will get to experience what it’s like to work on a startup without having to commit to a single opportunity. Nothing will set you on a better course for starting your own startup or joining a Silicon Valley-backed later-stage company. Previous developers have gone on to land jobs at Twitter, Code Climate, HotelTonight and Twilio.
Our London office is at White Bear Yard, and we share with a great mix of startups in new technology and venture capital. We’re next to Leather Lane market, which is full of delicious street food stalls.
We have an office in New York and all of us work across borders, occasionally visiting each other to streamline sprints and lift spirits. Every year we go away to the countryside to work on our own projects for a week. One of our favorites is upvoter.co
More like this
- Senior Front End Developer (React) at Festicket
- Frontend and backend software engineers at CrowdJustice
- Senior Back End Developer (Python/Django) at Festicket
- Senior Account Manager at TOAD.ai
- UI/UX Designer at Leika Limited
- Customer Success Manager at Canvas
- Lead Full Stack Developer - Web/ IOT at Archangel Imaging
- Full Stack Engineer at Vinterior
- Lead Designer at Farewill