Electric cars are coming faster than most people can imagine. According to Stanford University, by 2025 there’ll be no new petrol or diesel cars in production. And yet, consumers are just at the initial stages of finding out about and purchasing electric vehicles.
We expect the market to change dramatically in a short space of time and want to be at the forefront of making it easy for individuals to get electric cars and services.
That’s why we’re using technology to move the electric revolution forward. The next step is to create the go-to place to get your electric car online – with everything you need to go with it – smart charging tech and energy tariffs designed for electric vehicle drivers.
You’ll have a hand in every part of the tech behind Octopus EV – from making leasing a Tesla easier than ever, to the cutting-edge world of vehicle-to-grid charging, to helping create custom tariffs.
Specifically, we're looking for an In-house Developer to join the team and help make our customer journey a seamless experience for all our customers, on all screen sizes and devices.
We are part of Octopus Energy Group, and you'll work on a number of projects with the support of our in-house tech team just a Slack message away. Some of the areas you’ll need experience in to succeed in this role: -
• Can write solid, semantic HTML and have experience writing SASS
• Have experience in crafting mobile-first responsive sites for a range of devices
• Open to taking on existing projects and adding to the functionality
• Know how to develop websites that meet AAA accessibility guidelines.
• Can create code that works consistently across different browsers and platforms
• Can take Photoshop/Sketch designs and bring them to life in code
• Experience with the Django templating language a plus
• Experience with Python
Here's our stack:
• React & Redux
• Jest & Enzyme
• Django/Python (server-side and templating- Some knowledge of this essential)
To apply, send us your CV, a quick letter saying why you think you’d be good for the role, and any past work you’d like to show off.
Salary range £40,000 — 75,000
Depending on experience
More like this
- Product Co-Founder or Product Manager at The Lifefulness Project
- Marketing Analyst at Vitl
- Senior Developer / Team Lead at Spork Digital Ltd
- Graduate Brand Account Manager at Appear Here
- Backend Developer at Logically Secure
- Full stack developer at Provenance
- Sales Executive at Maison Sport
- Senior Product Manager at Trint
- WordPress Developer at Lattimore and Friends
- Front-End Developer at causaLens