vendOS is a new project by Social Vend to build a user friendly smart vending machine.
What does that mean?!
So we are releasing an operating system that allows easy configuration of the machine via a touchscreen, an sdk to build interactive storefronts using web technologies and finally a cloud platform to deploy the built code and monitor the machines health.
About Social Vend
We have been creating interactive and rewarding social experiences through smart vending machines and interactive kiosks for the past 4 years. Our custom built machines are mostly used for short term events and long term installs to help advertisers and retailers better understand their audience. We have worked with some of the worlds largest brands including McDonalds, RedBull and Pepsi to name a few.
Currently we only have one very overworked (co-founder, so the hustle is to be expected!) full stack, however from investment and a couple of large contracts we are looking to expand the engineering team to over 20 next year and the total team to 50 (currently 5, 7 including the office dogs). We are a really friendly bunch who have been friends longer than colleagues, so you will be coming into a relaxed environment.
We are currently hiring a mid-senior front-end engineer who can lead the growing team. Your main roles will be pushing the UI that lives on the machine forwards and collaborating on the cloud platform (we have some big plans for this side of things). We are looking for someone who likes:
- Working with touch interfaces - What you develop will only be used on a multitouch display.
- Ability to work independently
- Smooth animation and frame rate analysis - Our UI's should always act and feel like a fully native experience.
- Working with the canvas - As our UI's do not need to be accessible we work in the canvas whenever the performance boost is needed.
We offer successful candidates:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Flexible working from home when needed
- Friday night drinks
- Gym membership
- Top spec machine
- Relaxed starting time
Please send over a short email with any examples of your previous work or side projects and a CV to - [email protected]
- CV + work review
- Short technical screening call
- in-person meet the team (not a formal interview, just a meet the gang)
We are looking to fill this role quickly, so no lengthily interview process!
Salary range £50,000 — 70,000
Dependant on experience.
More like this
- QA Engineer at ContentCal
- Full Stack Engineer at Verisart
- Sales and Partnership Manager at Thirdeye Labs
- Product Designer at Verisart
- UI/UX Designer at Social Vend
- UI/UX Lead at Microtest Ltd
- Product Manager at Microtest Ltd
- Head of Design, Marketing at Dataswift Ltd
- Lead Full Stack Developer at GetAgent
- Marketing Manager at CyberOwl Limited