Over the past decade, We Make Websites have built a reputation for creating some of the best e-commerce websites on the internet. We are known as the world’s most-trusted Shopify agency.
We work with extraordinary brands such as Finisterre, Skinnydip, Penguin Books, Beavertown Brewery, National Portrait Gallery and The Economist. We are a friendly team of around 25 and, despite our size, we have a big impact on the world of Shopify and e-commerce.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic front-end developer to help us build beautiful Shopify e-commerce websites for forward-thinking brands. We're looking for a detail-oriented person with an passion developing great front-end experiences.
- You will be able to take a design in Sketch / Photoshop and build HTML, CSS and JS.
- A keen problem solver, you will be able to come up with creative answers to our clients needs.
- You will have a solid understanding of the fundamental aspects of HTML, CSS and JS.
- You will be passionate about front-end with a focus on performance and standards.
- You will have opinions and ideas about front-end and be passionate about sharing those ideas.
- You will care about the details and making sure everything looks just right
- You'll have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical people (be that account managers or clients)
- You'll have a good understanding of common e-commerce design patterns.
What you'll be doing
- Developing professional e-commerce stores on the Shopify platform for a wide range of retail brands.
- Working closely with the project and account managers to deliver projects that are the best in the industry.
- Collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the production team.
- GIT/Version Control
- Ability to work confidently within terminal
- Experience with Shopify or a similar e-commerce platform (Magento, Woocommerce, Demandware, Hybris).
- Experience developing e-commerce website front-ends.
- Knowledge of LIQUID (Shopify's templating language).
- Experience with Ruby.
- Experience in an agency or in-house and/or a degree in a relevant subject.
- Salary 30-45K depending on experience.
- 28 days paid holiday per year. Office closed Christmas to New Year's Day, work from home or take as holiday. Plus your birthday off.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon, London, with good transport connections.
- We are a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, lunches and monthly team outings.
- Add great achievements to your CV: We're a small team and you'll have direct influence on the successes of large, well-known brands. Last year alone we doubled in size and you'll have the chance to shape how we grow this year and beyond.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training, equipment and training.
- Free coffee, tea, fruit and snacks.
Salary range £40,000 — 50,000
Dependant on experience
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Digital marketing manager at Browser
- Back-end developer at Browser
- 📰 Communications Manager at Beam
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Front-end Designer at Helical Levity
- DevOps Specialist : Azure : Accelerator / Innovati at Eaglecliff Limited
- Front-end Developer at Sendible
- Ruby developer at Adia
- CTO / Lead Developer at Adia