Moving into a new rental property is expensive. The security deposit can cost up to six week’s rent and often tenants have to find their next deposit before getting their last one back. This slows people down when moving and makes it harder for landlords to find tenants.
The Zero Deposit Guarantee massively reduces the upfront cost of moving, by giving tenants the option of paying 1 week’s rent instead of a security deposit, while providing landlords with the same security as a six week deposit.
This means that landlords benefit from a wider the pool of tenants and can rent their properties faster. The guarantee is insurance backed, so landlords have the same security as a traditional deposit and is already being distributed by many of the leading agents in the UK.
We are hiring a frontend developer to join our product and engineering team of 8 who are based by Liverpool Street, London. By joining early you'll have the ability make a big impact on the company. You'll report directly to the CTO.
Why you should work with us
- We have a strong engineering culture. We value testing, code quality and good development practices
- We believe in the products we’re building. We care about building the right things for our users and building them well
- We have a support and challenge culture. We challenge ourselves to do our best work, whilst supporting each other and providing an environment where people can grow
- We have big ambitions and are well funded in order to deliver on these
What we’re looking for
- Experience in crafting mobile-first responsive web apps for a range of browsers & devices
- A good eye for detail and highly organised. You’ll keep our component library both looking beautiful and our codebases well maintained
- A curious person who is interesting in continually improving and learning new skills
- A creative problem solver
Bonus points for:
- Good understanding and experience with automated testing of front-end applications
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience pair programming with other developers
- Knowledge of Python or other programming languages
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with our Product Manager on the best way we can solve problems for our users
- Collaborate with our Designer to create easy to use and beautiful interfaces
- Work with sketch and prototypes to determine how to deal with breakpoints and other challenges of responsive design
- Pair with developers on how to architect and implement features
- Review code and help manually QA features when needed
- Keep up with modern frontend development trends, evaluate new technologies and help us evolve our stack
- Use your initiative to spot where we can improve our product
- Frontend: React, Component-based design (Yarn, Webpack, Stylelint)
- Core Platform: mithril.js, Python, Django and Celery
- Marketing site: JAM stack using Contentful & Netlify
- Hosting: AWS + Heroku
- Some tools and services in more exotic technologies (Haskell, AWS Lambda)
If you think you’re a good fit for the role or you have any questions then get in contact.
No recruiters, candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Salary range £30,000 — 65,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Full Stack Developer at NUM
- Front-end developer at Browser London
- Founding engineer at Metomic
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Lyvly
- Customer Service Executive at Lyvly
- Full Stack Developer at Gener8 Ads
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites