Charle is a new and ambitious ecommerce agency specialising in Shopify and Shopify Plus. We design, develop, optimise & support e-commerce websites for leading brands such as Doisy and Dam, XITE Energy, Uncommon workspaces, Boundless Seeds and Nuts and more!
We are now growing an in-house development team and we are looking for our first full time developer. It's going to be a challenge but the scope to progress as the team grows is huge.
But enough about us - we want to know more about you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic front-end developer to help us build beautiful e-commerce websites on the Shopify platform for forward-thinking brands. We're looking for a detail-oriented person with a passion for developing great user interfaces and experiences - and can help shape, build and test websites with commercial awareness. If you can design too then you get double points. We're looking for a problem solver who can use their Shopify knowledge to offer clients development solutions to their business whilst delivering visually outstanding websites.
About the role:
As a developer you will work to solve challenges and build beautiful/intuitive features within a cross-functional team of developers, designers, solution consultants and agile project managers.
You’ll be developing small to enterprise level e-commerce stores on the Shopify platform for a wide range of retail brands, bringing static designs to life using modern front-end tooling and working closely with project managers to deliver best in the industry websites by collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the production team.
You will also be responsible for scoping, delivering and testing features that strive to improve conversion for clients on our ongoing success retainer services. This will be conveniently balanced alongside new inbound projects.
- You will need a passion for the tech and e-commerce space. E-commerce is one of the fastest growing sectors and we want somebody who gets what it means to be an agency at the forefront of direct to consumer e-commerce design and development.
- You will be a strategic, creative, pragmatic thinker and problem solver.
- You will have unparalleled levels of attention to detail, bordering on fastidious.
- You will be totally OK with the concept of change and working in a fast paced environment.
- You will relish the opportunity to enter a growth stage company and carve out your own niche.
- You will be an intelligent, ambitious, articulate, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can do’ attitude!
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+ (SCSS)
- Experience with Shopify - Liquid
- Ability to apply best practice modular web development
- Fluency with version control and Git flows
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them.
- Awareness of best web performance practices, developing for accessibility and SEO
- Experience with cross browser and device testing websites
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you'll be doing
- Building e-commerce stores on the Shopify and Shopify Platform.
- Working closely with the project and account managers to deliver projects on margin
- Collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the production team.
Bonus points if you have
- Design Experience
- Knowledge of Continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with Node.js (Express) for micro backend services
- Experience with Invision, Sketch or Figma
- Experience with full adobe suite.
- Experience with a managing a team.
- Salary £30-45k depending on experience.
- 21 days holiday paid + 8 bank holidays + 1.5 additional days per year served, uncapped.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.We invest in our team and want you to grow with us.
- We want leaders to grow and excel through promotion.
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks. (Once we re-open)
- Friendly, fun and ambitious team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Apply using the button below.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
- 8 Hour Shift
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Salary range £30,000 — 45,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Senior Front End Engineer at TodayTix Group
- Technical Researcher at Hurree
- Senior Software Engineer at Hurree
- Solutions Architect at Hurree
- API Intergrations Specialist at Hurree
- [Java/Kotlin] Software Engineer at Claimer
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Web Developers – Front-end / Full-stack at Artlogic
- Director of Business Development at Fleksy by Thingthing Ltd.
- Content Marketer at Request