Location: Spork Digital Ltd, 14 Southgate Road, London N1 3LY
Spork is a small but mighty tech agency located close to London's Tech City. We build several platforms for web and mobile, for several organisations ranging from start-ups to well known brands.
About the role
Spork is looking for a talented developer with at least a year’s full time experience to join our pragmatic team at our London office.
You might be wanting to step up from a more junior role, or just fancy a change. You’ll be working in a fast paced and varied environment, where you’ll be trying new technologies and applying them to solve the interesting challenges our clients present.
You’ll know your craft inside out, but we’ll support your never ending quest to autonomously learn new skills. We like trying new things out in our studio projects. This really isn’t a ‘little cog’ type of job, we’re a small company so you’ll have a real say in how we operate. And… we ALL make the tea ;)
Technically ticking the boxes
You’ll be nailing these:
- HTML5 and CSS
- Pre-compilers like SASS, LESS, and bundlers like Grunt, Gulp & Webpack
One of these will massively help your application:
- Working knowledge of server side & database technologies (we’ve traditionally been a PHP/JAVA/MySQL house - but you can have experience in others)
- Experience in using API based backend services such as Google Firebase, or NoSQL architecture like MongoDB.
- Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch - we don’t expect you to be an experienced UI designer (although it would come in handy) but you’ll need to appreciate the importance of good design and UI.
- CMS Builds. As a company we offer so much more but we do still do our fair share of Wordpress/Contentful builds & similar. A 'need to know' around the CMS of your choice is useful.
Ultimately we understand that it’s as important that a developer is as good at learning as they are at doing. We get it: Stack Overflow is our friend! So, if you agree with this mindset, you’ll fit in just fine!
Also, you'll be put in front of clients on day one, so being articulate in meetings is a real must for us.
We understand that different people like different things so we don’t have an official ‘rewards package’… if you want something… ask!
That said, we offer
- 25 days holiday (plus the normal 8 days bank holiday)
- Flexible working hours (we’re a task based organisation)
So - if you think you can step up to the plate and become Spork's new prong, then get in touch! Send through your CVs, portfolios, repository details or whatever you have to [email protected]
Salary range £30,000 — 40,000
Dependant on experience
More like this
- Full stack Web Developer (Node + React) at Trik
- NodeJS - Back End Developer (working with 3D data) at Trik
- Digital Agency Project Manager / Coordinator at Hallway Studios
- Success Coach at Expensify
- ReactJS -Frontend Developer (working with 3D data) at Trik
- Front-end Developer at ProdPad
- Data Engineer at Rotageek
- Senior Web Engineer at Well Digital
- Junior Analyst at BrickVest
- Senior Software Engineer at Everpress