The ideal candidate
- You enjoy working and shipping independently
- You've built and deployed something on the web or mobile (send us a link?)
- You are comfortable developing React Native code for both Android and iOS (you have your own Mac)
- You care about the product as well as the code
- You are curious and take initiative to explore new things
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- If you don't have any "formal" professional experience working as a software engineer, you've worked on a product (or built a side project) that had users
- Write, review, deploy, and maintain code in mostly React Native
- Document the systems you help build, monitor, and maintain
- Coordinate with the rest of the team on prioritising feature requests and bugs
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to guide team decision making
- Debug production issues and implement fixes for them
You Might Work On
- New features in the Bearable app
- Performance improvements to make Bearable faster
- Automating our internal processes (for instance related to growth hacking)
- A new product: we're currently exploring Bearable Pro, a variant of Berable for medical researchers and clinicians to more easily interact with their patients.
- Something completely different! As an early stage company, we tend to be pretty "all hands on deck" when something comes up that we need to get done
- This is a fully remote, full time position. You can choose your own hours as long as your time zone is close to London's.
- Sustainable and healthy working matters to us. We care about building delightful products for our customers, not hitting arbitrary daily hour counts.
- If you're outside of the UK, this position will be permanent and full time in spirit, but a contract role on paper. The reason for this is that employment outside of the UK comes with significant challenges for a small company like ours. In that case, this means that this role doesn't include certain benefits like a retirement plan/pension.
We are a fairly early stage company with plenty of opportunity for you to make a huge impact! Currently there are three of us working on Bearable full time.
We're a profitable, bootstrapped company (no external investment).
Background on Bearable:
- James designed Bearable in 2018/2019 to help him maintain mental clarity, and to more easily understand the effect that various daily factors and events have on his wellbeing.
- It turned out that others wanted Bearable too, as thousands of people expressed interest in early access. James partnered with Kamil to turn this concept into reality.
- Since we launched Bearable in March 2020, over 150,000 people have used the app, with many thousands becoming premium subscribers.
- We are maintaining a rating above 4.8* on both Google Play and App Store
- We've been featured multiple times as a noteworthy app on Apple App Store
- We are now well suited for growth and for making Bearable the most versatile and intelligent health tracker in the world.
Our tech stack
- Reach Native
- Firebase (Auth, Firestore)
- Google Cloud (Storage, Functions)
- Segment, Mixpanel, Google Analytics
Disclaimer for recruiters and agencies
**We are not interested in working with recruiters or outsourcing to development agencies.**
Salary range £28,000 — 36,000
Salary dependent on experience. Stock options also offered
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Front End Web Developer at Rasa
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Coding Coach at Sigma Labs
- Front-end developer at Taylor/Thomas
- Shopify / CMS Senior Front-End Developer at Series Eight
- Senior Product Designer (Product Team Lead) at Helical Levity Ltd.
- Head of Marketing at Renude
- Full stack developer at Una Health
- Ios Swift Developer at Reeltime Apps