- Build the supermarket of the future
- 5+ years experience building elegant cross-platform, cross-browser, responsive HTML, CSS and JS
- Willingness to learn new client-side and server-side technologies
- Small cross-functional team at a fast-growing, VC-backed, values-driven start-up
- Remote (but required in London 2 days per month)
- Competitive £’s + options
- Starting July 2020
We’re a national e-commerce grocery service focused on making sustainable food and household products accessible to all. We’re all about getting responsibly sourced, organically produced, low/zero waste groceries into as many households in the UK, without costing the earth.
We’re on the lookout for a brilliant Frontend Lead to join us in our mission to bring sustainable food to everyone. We believe in using technology for good; to positively change customer buying habits, reduce waste, develop new supply chains, and ultimately build the sustainable supermarket of the future. You’ll be motivated by crafting beautiful UI to solve valuable, real-world customer problems that make a genuine environmental and societal difference.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in fast-paced, high growth start-up environments, shipping both production-ready and prototype HTML, CSS and JS. E-commerce experience is a bonus but not a requirement.
You’ll be a stickler for UX detail and enjoy getting involved in the product discovery process. You’ll work closely with product owners and designers to define and deliver beautifully elegant UI, while understanding the time-pressures of rapid-learning; hacking together prototypes and iterating solutions quickly and efficiently.
Our current stack is based on the Tailwind front-end framework with custom-built Phoenix (Elixir) backend powering our e-commerce site and warehouse operations. The ideal candidate will understand compliant, cross-platform, cross-browser, responsive HTML and CSS inside out and back to front, and be looking to expand their skillset with new client-side and server-side FE technologies that are relevant to the business.
You’ll be comfortable with automated testing, peer-reviewing code, and continuous deployment via services such as GitHub and Heroku.
We’re a small but experienced, values-driven, cross-functional team comprised of engineering, UX/design, marketing, ops and customer support.
We work collaboratively to build consensus amongst the team to prioritise and create solutions that tackle the biggest problems the business faces at any time.
Candidates who are thoughtful, self-motivated, know when to ask questions or for help, challenge assumptions, are comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback, and are open to learning will enjoy our team dynamic.
- Honest and open communication
- Positive entrepreneurial approach: ambitious, tenacious, and pragmatic
- Thoughtful and thorough delivery of exceptionally high-quality work
- A big interest in the mission of the business
Culture & work/life
To us, a healthy work/life balance means producing world-class, meaningful output during focused work hours, while having the time and headspace to lead healthy and rich lives outside of work. We’re a fully remote team on flexible hours (but generally available between 10am-4pm GMT) to accommodate busy family lives, but require attendance to bi-weekly face-to-face days in London for sprint planning and larger quarterly all-hands meetings/social events.
- Competitive salary + generous options package
- Remote, flexible working
- 20% off all Good Club products
- Free memberships for friends and family
- Gym or sports club membership of your choosing
- Quarterly team meetups and social
More like this
- Senior PHP Developer at Ticket Tailor
- Full-stack Software Engineer at Otta
- Senior UX Researcher at HYD Agency
- Account Executive | PropTech at Kandidate
- Head of Sales | FinTech at Kandidate
- Android Developer at AppLaunch Limited
- Sales Manager at Neutral Digital
- Python Developer (remote) at Zero Deposit
- Front end/Full stack developer at Propeterra
- Business Development Executive at Mediolana Limited