Festicket is transforming the way music fans discover and book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. Our platform revolutionises the music festival industry by offering an end-to-end experience for music travellers through an efficient two-sided marketplace for 900+ music festivals across 50 different countries! In three short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform.
We are looking for an experienced team leader who specialises in ReactJS.
We've had a big funding round in the middle of last year and our technical team is growing rapidly (from 4 to 15 people so far). We need to bring up-to-date our technology to meet the business's ambitions for the next few years. This includes implementing a React SPA as our customer facing website (a green-field project).
We are a team of 15 looking to grow to over 20 immediately. To do this we need a dedicated Frontend Team Lead to get work done on time, train new staff and integrate new team members into this rapidly growing team while working with the other senior developers to ensure that standards stay high and keep getting higher.
We work incrementally but do occasionally take on bigger projects to update our stack and offering. Our current methodology is agile kanban.REQUIREMENTS
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”.
You understand the hard work required to update and stabilise a large technical product and you are prepared to put this work into the project.
YOUR SKILL SET
To be considered for the role you must meet most of the following criteria:
- At least 2-3 years of developer management experience. Where those developers used React with at least 2 developers having reported to you, ideally you'd have managed a larger team though or multiple JS focused teams.
- Still hands-on with code every day.
- Familiar with Sass (would consider LESS or Stylus)
- Worked on greenfield and/or large scale React applications before
- Fluent with the command line, you use git
- Have a computing or software engineering degree. In the absence of one we expect you to show that you've taken steps to fill this gap in your training/knowledge.
- E-commerce experience is a big plus but not a requirement
We’re a team of 70 located in an amazing converted piano factory and music studio in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 6pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office and then planning to head out for a night out.
Benefits also include:
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free tickets for music festivals worldwide
- Free breakfast - including cereals, bread, marmalade, etc.
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Fun monthly company events
- Regular internal Ping Pong tournaments
- Sales Trainings & budget for conferences
- 1 remote working day per month
- Regular team lunches
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Fun environment & great office next to Primrose Hill
- Value driven start-up culture
Salary range £75,000 — 85,000
More like this
- Senior Front End Developer (React) at Festicket
- Senior Back End Developer (Python/Django) at Festicket
- Full Stack Developer at Artifax
- Product Manager at Jukedeck Limited
- Senior UX/UI Designer at Sofar Sounds
- Customer Success Manager at Apperio
- Full Stack Developer at Subsec
- Lead Full Stack Developer - Web/ IOT at Archangel Imaging
- Front-end developer at Messly
- User Interface / Visual Designer at Apperio