About Cambridge Cancer Genomics (CCG):
We are a leading precision medicine start-up, creating intelligent software to enable oncologists to monitor response to cancer therapy in near real-time. Our team uses applied bioinformatics, machine learning, genomics, and the experience of our associated oncologists and surgeons to bring low invasive ‘liquid biopsies’ to cancer clinics worldwide. We are deep in the stages of R&D with clinical partnerships in California, the UK and Singapore, where we are working to understand the clinical consequences of tumour evolution during treatment. We have completed two tranches of fundraising; first from a large Cancer Centre and the prestigious Y Combinator accelerator program and later by top UK and Silicon Valley investors, and are now focused on growing quickly.
People who join us range from academics at leading research labs at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge (and others) to ambitious young developers and machine learning engineers. Joining CCG means joining an incredibly talented and motivated group of people that share our vision of pioneering an industry. Work at CCG is incredibly varied and we challenge ourselves daily. We work all over the world and often travel and socialize together. You’ll often find us chatting through interesting problems over a coffee or beer. We are looking for people who will fit into our diverse, supportive and stimulating company team culture, who like to overcome challenges and drive the company forwards.
About the role:
We are looking for a junior developer with experience in Python to work on exciting projects around our bioinformatics and machine learning pipelines.
Main duties and responsibilities:
You would work alongside our senior full stack Python developers on delivery of machine learning models, AWS data interfacing with API development and clinician facing dashboards for data display. You will contribute by designing the architecture and developing back-end components of our brand-new web application.
Essential skills and qualifications:
· Programming experience with Python with a desire to learn new programming languages
· Experience with REST/RESTful APIs
· Data and database management (SQL/NoSQL)
· Demonstrable ability in designing, writing and problem solving new software
· Working knowledge of versioning systems such as Git
· Have a logical, analytical and creative approach to problems and determining their solution
· Ability to test, debug and maintain programs
· Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, open source operating environments, distributed/parallel computing systems, data visualisation, information retrieval and/or networking
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent qualification or technical experience
· Good communication to both technical and non-technical team members
· Willing to learn and be open to criticism
Desired skills and qualifications:
· Experience developing Web applications using Django, Ruby on Rails, Tornado or any widely used Web Framework.
· Experience in continuous integration, testing and deployment
· Experience with Ruby
· Experience with software development in a regulated industry
· Familiarity with AWS, Elastic Beanstalk, Auto scalable Environments
Experience developing Single Page Applications with AngularJS or React.js/Redux.
Competitive salary in the range of £25-35k depending on experience. Also includes generous equity package and bonus-based remuneration.
Other benefits include:
· Working on world-changing technology with leaders in the field
· Dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team
· Inclusive company culture
· Flexible hours (outside of core hours)
· Additional employee benefits
As a team, we are committed to working together to positively impact the daily lives of cancer patients. We enjoy solving complex problems, thinking around corners and bouncing forwards through learning. Most of all we care about each other and the mission we're on together. We believe that a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or your secret aversion to cucumber water. All you need is a passion and a desire to be part of our mission. Experience in cancer biology and biotechnology are not required – all you need is a passion and a desire to be part of our mission.
Preferred start date: ASAP
Location: Cambridge, UK
Please send a CV and 300-word cover letter to [email protected] to apply.
Salary range £25,000 — 35,000
Also includes generous equity package and bonus-based remuneration.
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at NUM
- Front-end developer at Browser London
- Full-stack developer at Metomic
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Lyvly
- Customer Service Executive at Lyvly
- Full Stack Developer at Gener8 Ads
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- React Developer at Rotageek