Ayima is a global digital marketing agency built on a foundation of bespoke technology and data insight. Working with household name clients and exciting start-ups in highly competitive sectors, we develop effective, long-term proven strategies with our efforts having a real impact on their business. We've built our own tools, won awards for our work, and expanded across three continents. Now we're on the hunt for talented people to help our clients dominate their market.
You’ll be joining a well-established development team that works across external and internal projects. We operate three areas of development: Internal & public facing products, Data engineering & reporting, and to a lesser extent client facing agency style work. This role will be focused on the first of these but working across all three may also form part of the role from time to time. As the team continues to expand there is potential for this role to transition into a leadership position for the right candidate.
- Work with the Head of Technology/Head of Product on new projects, from the planning phase to completion and beyond.
- In consultation with the development team and any other stakeholders, implement new features for existing systems.
- Create strong documentation where necessary, including potentially client facing material.
- Strong and current PHP skills, including OOP & Framework experience. Laravel or Symfony would be ideal.
- Experience with JS modular bundlers such as Webpack to group npm/yarn packages.
- Strong CSS including Sass/Less & frameworks like Bootstrap, Tailwind or Bulma.
- Strong MySQL, pgSQL or comparable RDBMS including query optimisation.
- Knowledge of other databases such as Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB etc.
- Excellent communication skills including requirements gathering and liaising with non-technical team members.
- LEMP/LAMP stack knowledge.
- Knowledge of using the OSX/Linux command line to run simple commands.
- Knowledge of running docker either locally or in production would be ideal.
There are many reasons to work for Ayima, including
- Competitive salary that reflects contribution.
- Comprehensive health, dental and pension packages for every employee.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Training & conference budgets.
- 25 days paid holiday.
- Office Christmas shutdown.
A culture built around our employees
- Become a pivotal part of the most talented digital team on the planet
- Enjoy a relaxed, welcoming and collaborative work environment that rewards entrepreneurs
- Be the master of your own destiny with a structure to help you develop your role
- Flexibility around 9-6, we know you have a life outside of the office
- Our social committee arrange office parties and outing throughout the year from Haloween to themed nights.
We work in exceptional spaces
- Awesome Farringdon office in one of London’s most iconic buildings.
- A fully stocked office kitchen, beer fridge and great coffee.
- Pool, table tennis and arcade machines for ‘creative thinking’ time.
More like this
- Senior Software Engineer, Frontend Lead at Five
- Frontend Engineer at causaLens
- Front end developer (London based) at LedgerComm
- Product Design Architect at Deep Consulting Solutions
- Product Owner at We Make Websites
- Backend Developer at mavis
- Market Executive (Brand Partnerships) with German at Sweatcoin
- Full-Stack Developer at Univation - Volunteering at Univation
- Full Stack Engineer at Skim It Ltd
- 😇 Talent Associate at Beam