Blokur is a funded startup applying blockchain technology to the challenges of IP rights and licensing. We are currently working with a number of major clients in the music sector, including music publishers and streaming services.
Our team has deep expertise across tech, music and business, whether it be touring the world as an artist, building data solutions for Universal Music, consulting for Radiohead’s management on Thom Yorke’s BitTorrent record, or creating blockchain music platform Ujo.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer who is passionate about applying blockchain technologies to the music and creative industries. You will become one of our first engineers and will have the opportunity to shape our code base, tech stack and the product itself. We are a small team that values the creativity to experiment and build a product we are all proud of.
• Enjoy writing beautiful web applications and building the backend to power them
• Can bring an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit to the team
• Like solving interesting problems and can take ownership
• Have experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment, feel comfortable picking up new programming languages and don’t mind doing a “bit of everything”
• Are interested in UX and have a sense of aesthetics
• Have a passion for music and an interest in decentralised applications (Dapps) using blockchain technologies
• Like simple, clean and efficient code
Your Tech Skills:
• 3-5 years in a full-stack or similar engineer role
• A strong portfolio that you can demonstrate and talk about (current/past roles or side-projects)
• Strong experience designing and developing robust APIs with Node/Express or similar
• Experience with Front-end frameworks like React/Redux or similar
• Interest in Golang
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
• Working knowledge of AWS and Docker
• Extra points: Experience with Blockchain (Ethereum), Dapps and IPFS.
Salary range £40,000 — 60,000
More like this
- Go developer at Vega Protocol
- Creative Technologist in Data Science 🤓 at Decoded
- Full Stack Developer at Tailwise
- DevOps Engineer at X-Team
- Drupal Developer at X-Team
- Front-end Developer at Studiomade
- Data Engineer at X-Team
- Technical Project Manager at Powster
- Front-end developer at Messly