Full-Stack Developer at Flair
Headquarters: King’s Cross, LDN
Flair is the app for young football players. We are on a mission to make every young football player feel like a pro.
At Flair, we believe that every kid deserves their efforts on the football pitch to be celebrated and digitally stored. Our mobile app allows kids and teens of all abilities to digitise their football season. Week-by-week, players use Flair to praise their teammates and track their own progress as a player.
The Flair app went live in September 2018 and has grown organically through the UK and Ireland since. We have already raised £750,000 across two investment rounds and are in the process of raising a larger pre-Series A round. We are now a team of five full-time workers, all driven by a shared passion for our mission.
This is just the beginning – our long-run goal is to become the global, digital brand for the next generation of sportsperson.
We’re hiring for a: Full-Stack Developer (Permanent, Full-Time)
We are hiring a talented Full-Stack Developer to play a crucial role in building the features and infrastructure that will allow our app to achieve scale.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. So, you’ll need to be comfortable in both front and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
· As an early employee at Flair, you’ll be able to have a huge influence on the company’s direction, both from a technological and cultural point of view.
· We’re a small team, with limited bureaucracy, so you’ll be making a big impact from day one. As we grow, you’ll be able to progress into leadership roles.
· We’re creating a community-centric brand for young people, focused around sport – your work will have a significant social impact.
· Football is the world’s most popular sport, so you’ll be building an application with mass consumer appeal and the potential to be used by millions globally.
· You’ll have the chance to meet leading names in global sport (we’ve already had meetings with Paul Pogba and Rio Ferdinand).
· You’ll be part of a diverse team, in terms of age, gender and ethnicity. We’re actively seeking to ensure our team reflects the diversity of our community.
· You’ll be able to combine working-from-home and working from our office at UCL’s Hatchery, King’s Cross – surrounded by some of London’s best start-ups.
· You’ll be paid competitively with an equity option worth up to £27,500 as an early employee.
· Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions.
· Design client-side and server-side architecture.
· Build the front-end of applications in cooperation with our design team.
· Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
· Write effective APIs.
· Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
· Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
· Ensure security and data protection.
· Build features and applications for mobile.
Your Ideal Skillset & Expertise
· Proven experience as a full stack developer or similar role.
· Degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
· Experience developing mobile applications is preferable, or otherwise web or desktop experience and a strong desire to work with mobile.
· Familiarity with common stacks and tools.
· Knowledge of front-end languages and libraries. React-Native preferred or React/Angular experience and happy to learn React-Native.
· Familiarity with relational databases (we use Postgres).
· AWS or similar experience.
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
· A strong work ethic.
· A desire to learn and improve.
· Great attention to detail.
· Organizational skills.
· An analytical mind.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45,000.00 to £55,000.00 /year (dependent on experience)
Start Date: January 2020
Salary range £45,000 — 55,000
Dependent on Experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Junior R&D Tax Consultant - Technology at The Accountancy Cloud
- Senior Product Designer at ZOE
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full Stack Developer at Ayima
- Business Developer at The Nature Boys
- Growth Marketing Manager at Finance Unlocked
- Customer & Community Associate at Argent
- Senior Developer / Team Lead at Spork Digital Ltd
- Business Development Manager - Space Hunter at Appear Here
- Graduate Brand Account Manager at Appear Here