Job Description: GoBabl has an opportunity within the head of development as a Senior Software Engineer who will work with the most active data sets in the world, such as the Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other popular social media networks.
The Senior Software Engineer will lead the team assigned to design and implement Big Data processing applications within a system that manages many hundreds of billions of records. GoBabl engine processes billions of records per day in real time for analysis and insight within a simple, intuitive, open source platform.
· Lead and collaborate with other team members to develop and contribute to the GoBabl engine.
· Set goals to establish development milestones.
· Learn and teach new methods of building SaaS/big data/analytical technology.
· Work directly with Java code to implement new applications. Understand Cloud services.
· Integrate client feedback into GoBabl API
· Very good experience with PHP and DB
· Good knowledge of frameworks (Symfony / Angular / ExtJS)
· DB: Solr, MongoDB, MySQL
· Unix system: CentOs (create and run bash scripts)
· Good frontend design abilities.
· Very good communication skills and an agile mindset.
· Comfortable with Linux and has ideally worked with PHPStorm, Git
· Experience with developing REST-APIs.
· Experience working with the JSON parser.
· 3+ years experience with SaaS application development (not required)
· Experience working with large scale systems that implement a Service Oriented Architecture.
· Experience optimizing services to achieve 100% uptime and very low latency responses.
· Loves building Next Generation technology
· Passionate about startups
· Passionate about building a community oriented solution
Compensation: Will start out with equity and work towards salary. We want coders who wake up to code, stay up late to code. Developers who are passionate about building world-altering technology. We want programmers who think big.
More like this
- Lead Full Stack Developer - Web/ IOT at Archangel Imaging
- Web developer (Back-end) at ODICCI
- Data engineer at re:infer
- Frontend and backend software engineers at CrowdJustice
- Software Engineer | Full Stack (Lead) at Scape Technologies
- React Developer w/stock options (London FinTech) at Expend Ltd
- Senior JS Full Stack Developer at Policy in Practice
- Java Developer at hackajob
- Front-end developer at Messly
- General Manager, London at ViaVan