ImpactEd is an award-winning social
enterprise that supports schools in making the biggest difference possible to
young people’s life chances. It does this through a digital platform that
enables schools to easily measure the impact of the different initiatives and
interventions they put in place for students, and wrap-around training, support
Having built and launched ImpactEd based on the strength of school demand, we’re now looking for a full stack developer to join as the second hire in our technical team, working closely with our CTO and Managing Director. You would be joining a non-profit tech for good initiative, working across all the full technical lifecycle of the product, with opportunities for growth and the potential to transition into a lead role.
We are looking for developers with at least two years’ or more professional experience writing web apps, ideally with Ruby on Rails, and an interest in achieving social impact through technology. You’ll need to be happy working with high levels of autonomy, and be keen to strengthen your skills across all aspects of the stack.
- Mid-level role, though we are open to speaking to applicants across all levels of seniority
- Salary: £50k-£60k dependent on experience and expertise
- Remote friendly, with semi-regular meetings in our London office
- Tech: Ruby, Rails 5 -> 6, Stimulus JS, Heroku, Amazon with critical Typeform and Googlesheet integrations. We're committed to TDD (rspec) and agile-like process.
- Two years’ or more experience writing and maintaining web apps, ideally Ruby on Rails (a bit more experience if no background in Rails; flexibility if you’ve been working exclusively with Rails)
- Familiarity with at least one database, through ORMs like ActiveRecord and/or directly
- Familiarity with automated test/build/integration/deployment techniques and TDD
- Ability to work across both front-end and back-end to deliver user-facing features
- Growing non-profit organisation with the use of technology for social impact at its heart
- Agile development environment with influence over product roadmap and decision making
- Opportunities for significant growth and career progression
- Join a team with a track record of success in both technology and education, including a highly experienced CTO, and the founders of The Brilliant Club and Super Being Labs
The application deadline is Monday 8th July at 9am. Please note that we will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis and exceptional candidates may be invited to interview ahead of the application deadline, so early applications are strongly encouraged. To apply, email a CV and one page note outlining your interest to [email protected].
We are not looking to work with agencies or recruiters for this role.
Salary range £50,000 — 60,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- QA Engineer at ContentCal
- Full Stack Engineer at Verisart
- Product Designer at Verisart
- UI/UX Lead at Microtest Ltd
- Head of Design, Marketing at Dataswift Ltd
- Technical Lead at Collagerie
- Lead Full Stack Developer at GetAgent
- Marketing Manager at CyberOwl Limited
- Lead Developer at Appt-Health
- Front-end developer (we're just in TechCrunch) at Cuckoo Internet