Lexoo is one of Europe’s leading legal technology companies. We are revolutionising the legal market by helping enterprise businesses quickly connect with our global network of world-class lawyers.
We’re based in our own offices in the beautiful Metropolitan Wharf building in Wapping, in a penthouse unit overlooking the Thames with a view of Canary Wharf (have a look here: https://www.metropolitanwharf.com/).
Our clients include exciting and disruptive brands like Monzo, Babylon and Transferwise.
We are funded by top investors such as Earlybird and Forward Partners, having raised our Series A in August 2018. We’ve been ranked in the Top 100 startups for 3 years running and are experiencing rapid growth. We recently won a Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Award and we’re only just getting started!
About the role
We are looking for a full stack developer to help us build the future of Legal Tech (and to learn some best development practices along the way.)
We use Ruby on Rails on the back-end and ES6 and Vue.js on the front end. We also use a number of other technologies including Elasticsearch for super-fast search, Redis for caching, and even a tiny bit of Python for pdf generation. The front end is designed using Haml and Sass with some Bootstrap 4 thrown in for good measure.
We put growth at the centre of the company and believe it’s part of everybody’s job at Lexoo. We work quickly to design, build and test new concepts to push the needle and ensure we’re providing value to customers.
You'll be working closely with Chris (CTO and Co-founder), three other developers (two of who work remotely), and our two product managers (who are based in the London office). Chris has been developing websites and apps for more than 12 years - with companies such as Forward Partners, Aegis Media, and the BBC. Here are links to his blog, GitHub, LinkedIn and a presentation he gave to Makers Academy.
What might you be doing at Lexoo?
- Work with our product team and other developers to bring features to life from conception to release. (We use a mission-based approach that brings in other members of the company inline to solve a particular problem)
- Develop internal processes to improve the way in which we code
- Help maintain Lexoo’s internal design system
- You’ve worked 2-5 years with Ruby on Rails professionally.
- Vue.js (or React) experience is helpful.
- You’re humble, love learning new things, and don’t mind asking questions.
- You challenge assumptions and try to get to the crux of problems.
- You’re a problem solver, and understand that code may not be the best solution for every problem.
- Pension scheme
- We’ll provide a MacBook and the accessories you need to be effective
- Competitive salary
- The option to work remotely if you wish
- Monthly in-office massage
- Monthly personal development stipend to spend on online courses to learn new skills
- Lexoo Library - If there is ever a work-relevant book you want to read, Lexoo will buy it for you to read and then add to the Lexoo Library
- We stock the London office with Ozone coffee and plenty of snacks to keep you fuelled
- Regular team socials and activities
- 25 days holiday
- Annual offsite weekend
More like this
- QA Engineer at ContentCal
- Experienced Marketing Professional at MindsDB
- Full Stack Engineer at Verisart
- Sales and Partnership Manager at Thirdeye Labs
- Product Designer at Verisart
- UI/UX Lead at Microtest Ltd
- Head of Design, Marketing at Dataswift Ltd
- Lead Full Stack Developer at GetAgent
- Marketing Manager at CyberOwl Limited
- Frontend Lead at Good Club