Mattermost’s mission is to make the world safer and more productive by developing and delivering secure, open source collaboration software that is trusted, flexible and offers fast time-to-value. Mattermost’s first product is a collaboration platform built to accelerate DevOps workflows in high-trust environments by offering secure messaging across web, desktop and native mobile devices.
About the role
We seek a Full Stack Engineer comfortable moving across front end and back end systems to lay out the technical vision for critical components of the Mattermost architecture and leading community developers towards a unified, scalable, performant, extensible system architecture.
As a core committer at Mattermost you are responsible for one of the world’s largest and most popular open source projects. Your work impacts thousands of organizations who depend on Mattermost for daily operations, from high tech (Intel, Samsung, Micron), to healthcare (Medtronic, Epic, Bristol-Myers Squibb) to public sector (U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Energy), to education (University of California, National University of Singapore), and consumer brands (Urban Outfitters, Wargaming.net). Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning 7 time zones.
Working in open source means your work is publicly visible. Your code will receive both credit and constructive critique from the community. With the right mindset and support these can lead to you a highly positive working environment and making the best engineering decisions of your career. Core committers include highly skilled volunteer developers from the community, staff employed by enterprises deploying and investing in Mattermost, as well as staff employed by Mattermost, Inc.
Read about our end-to-end recruiting process for core committers at:https://docs.mattermost.com/process/developer.htmlResponsibilities
- Play a pivotal role in setting direction and standards for a large open source project.
- Guide, review and support open source contributors and community members.
- Design, implement, test and release new improvements to Mattermost across front end, back end, clients, and infrastructure.
- Writes thoughtful, high quality code.
- Communicate clearly, especially in writing.
- Works effectively while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members.
- Experience working in open source communities.
The right person in this role has an opportunity to make a huge impact on the overall Mattermost GTM strategy and drive the success of our commercial sales organization. If this sounds like you - please apply! We are leading the collaboration transformation!
More like this
- Senior Software Backend Engineer at Midnite
- Senior Full Stack Developer at Arkk Solutions
- Director of Education at Nomad Academy
- Senior Front-End Developer at Browser London
- Senior Developers at VirtualSystems Limited
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- Tech Lead - IoT/AI Device Software/Hardware at Archangel Imaging
- Engineering Manager at Farewill
- Lead Technology Engineer at Swoon
- Junior Software Developer at Ratio International Trading