Do you like solving problems? Building things? Breaking things? Experimenting with things? (because we do)
Come on, the answer's yes already ...
We'd like you onboard!
We're funded, we're early, we're moving super fast, and we're about to solve a MASSIVE problem. At Metomic, we're building the "privacy by design" infrastructure of the internet. Technologies plug together like Lego - it's about time that our preferences, consent and sharing permissions do the same.
It's a greenfield opportunity. We have:
- A vision to make *data ethics* globally important. We want to make data-misuse a thing of the past. We want to give every product and service in the world a permissions screen.
- A wide-open green field of freshly baked services
- A young and pliable tech stack and infrastructure
- Energy and drive in abundance
We love awesome engineering, and awesome engineers:
- We're playing with Docker, Typescript/NodeJS, Go, a smidge of Python, React, rapid prototyping, metrics-metrics-metrics and tight feedback loops
- We love autonomy and ownership, and believe in empowering our team
- We like polyglots! If you take like a duck to water with new languages, we don't care if you haven't used much of ours
You're curious, creative and smart
And modest, too. Here are some of the other things that you have:
- A curious mind. A love for the question "why"
- Flexibility. Your peers say you can turn your hand to pretty much anything you set your mind to
- Good communication skills. We're a small team!
- The ability to code (no surprises here). You are comfortable in two or more languages
- The ability to build fast
- A working knowledge of devops. You can spin up a cloud hosted prototype in a jiffy...
- ... or have sufficient google skills to make it look like you already could
...and you have a wide set of interests:
Perhaps in your free time you've dabbled with front-end. Or painting. Or robots. Or a markov-chain Trump-tweet generator. In which case can you take it down please? It's currently running the United States.
Hey you said full-stack ... but "dabbled" with front-end?
Yes. We don't need you to be a front-end person. We're looking for a great engineer in general, not a specialism - and this is the closest tag we could decide upon. So if you've ever felt "But I do lots of things! How do I present myself as capable doer of multitudinous things?" then you're perfect. "So do I need to build the front-end" Nope!
Unless that's your burning passion, in which case, hey, we'll hook you up
What else? I want more. Open-source? Dev talks? Community?
Ok, we're going to be hitting the noise channels pretty hard to make a bit of a racket. We're engineers, and a lot of other engineers are getting on board with this idea of doing shared data "right".
So for us that means: meetups, blogging, tech talks, open-sourcing, spec-defining and platform designing. There will be lots of pizza and snacks because we're supposed to like pizza and snacks and Richard's pretty health conscious so there'll be some kind of vegetable presence too.
And if you like the sound of having a voice in the community, we will absolutely make that happen.
Whoa whoa wait, the salary?
Of course. We believe in hiring good people, and paying them well. This is a big role, it comes with a big salary. We're also offering equity, because we want everyone to be in the same boat.
Ok I'm sold. Let's chat.
Great! Our CTO Ben gets a small electric shock every time an email arrives containing the words "let's chat". Hit him up on [email protected]
More like this
- 😇 Support Specialist at Beam
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Full Stack Developer at Curve Royalty Systems
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Front-End Developer at Trint
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- Success Coach at Expensify
- Junior Web Developer at Lattimore and Friends
- Success Coach at Expensify