Motorway (motorway.co.uk) is the new way to sell your car online. By using the latest technology and developing products that put the customer first, we’re building the future of online car commerce.
Founded in September 2016, we’ve grown very quickly and are now looking for our first dedicated developer to work closely with our Head of Product and founding team.
You’ll help architect and develop an exciting technology roadmap with a high degree of influence over our technology choices. This is a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in creating amazing web and mobile products, solving challenging data problems, and helping start a great engineering team.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing the Motorway web app (currently HTML, CSS, less, JS & jQuery – we are planning to migrate to ReactJS or AngularJS as part of this role), launching new features and optimising performance
- Developing the APIs and services that power Motorway (currently node.js using the Sails.js framework)
- Integrating third party partners and services using a range of web services
- Developing our data layer (currently PostgreSQL), architecting our database schema, and creating reports and tools to help us understand our performance
- Maintaining and scaling our infrastructure platform (we are currently deployed to Heroku)
- Getting involved with product design and strategy, and helping shape the product roadmap
- Ensuring a high level of software quality through testing, continuous integration and performance optimisation
What we’re looking for
- A hard-working and enthusiastic developer with 1-2 years commercial experience in a full-stack, front-end or back-end environment
- A background or education in web development, software engineering or a related subject
- Good communication skills, and a friendly, team-player
- A passion for technology and software, demonstrated by a personal project or website that you have worked on
- An interest for cars and motoring (beneficial but not essential)
Join our team and you will:
- Have a competitive salary and equity package
- Be part of a rapidly growing startup at the early stage
- Have the opportunity for fast career progression
- Work on products and technology solutions that will change an industry
- Be able to take responsibility for your own development and working style
- Develop your skills and experience rapidly, and get ongoing training
- Work with people that are passionate about what they do and share their experience
- Enjoy regular company nights out and social events
- Work in a fun and relaxed and office environment, with a Central London location
A bit more about us
We're a founding team of three that have worked together for over 10 years, and built and sold four internet businesses together. We have now started Motorway to bring innovation to online car commerce.
Starting with used car sales, we're taking the pain out of selling a car; enabling customers to instantly value their car and sell it in a few taps. We are now hard at work on a big product innovation in this space, due to launch in the next few months.
Car sales are just the beginning and if you join our team you'll be working on a number of other car-related products, using the latest technology and a passion for making life easier for people.
Salary range £35,000 — 45,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Senior Back-end Developer at miPic at miPic
- Front-end Angular Developer at miPic
- Lead Developer (Ruby on Rails) at ImpactEd
- Head of Software Engineering at District Technologies
- Engineering Lead & Senior Developers - FinTech at Simply Business
- Back-end developer (Node.js) at Reposit
- Full Stack Web Developer at myGiulia
- PHP Full stack developer at TicketTailor at Create and Adapt
- Experienced Freelance Full Stack Engineer at Craftship