We’re Ratio. We make software and websites. Our main thing is building price comparison technology for the personal finance market. We also run a price comparison website called Choose Wisely. And, we’re incubating something new.
We believe in simplicity, intuitive design, learning new things, bacon, fonts, family, personalisation, leopard print, gaffer tape, ergonomics, new technology, cake, fluorescent colours, functional aesthetics, pink (a lot of pink), sunsets, minimalism, getting messy, beards, new shoes, working hard, messing about, ASOS deliveries, Sunday roasts, bright red lipstick, WD40, opening experiences, whiteboards, spinning, Post-it notes, real time dashboards, and acoustic covers of powerful pop songs.
One of our engineers has left to go travelling and we’re looking for a talented Full Stack Software Developer to replace him.
Developing at Ratio
You’ll work from our studio, situated in the heart of Bournemouth’s business district. You’ll be part of a 10-person product team comprising engineers, designers and product people. You’ll work on conceiving and building technical solutions to real life problems experienced by the tens of thousands of consumers who use one of our products each day. You’ll develop iterations of POCs that need scaling and you'll to chip-in to repay some technical debt now and again too. Your Mondays won’t suck. Your Fridays will feel well-earned.
You’ll fit in really well if you...
• want to build things which are genuinely useful to end users, using contemporary technologies
• care about the quality of things you build and use automated testing to keep quality high
• are curious about new technologies and pragmatic about getting things done
• want to be part of a team who have a desire to learn and improve
• want to contribute to a strong engineering culture
Backend: MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Node, Redis, PostgreSQL
Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Linux
Frontend: React, Redux, Laravel
Languages: Go, PHP
Salary range £40,000 — 50,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Chief Marketing Officer (B2B SaaS) at Intruder
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Front-end developer at Browser
- Implementation Engineer at re:infer
- Junior Developer at Arkk Solutions
- Head of Research & Development at ihorizon
- Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps at Arkk Solutions
- Customer Support Associate at OurPath
- Product Designer at Nested