Full Stack Developer at Tab
Tab helps tourist businesses take bookings and get paid.
We make tools for places like hostels, dive schools and surf lodges that simplify their lives, help them compete with bigger outfits and make their customers happy! Our goal is to boost local tourism, while helping backpackers and independent travellers make the most of their precious time abroad.
Our experienced team have backgrounds in startups and finance and are alumni of Cambridge University, Harvard and Y Combinator.
What are we looking for?
We're searching for a full-stack developer to join us in our central London office (near Oxford Circus), to work across our entire platform, from public-facing web apps, to internal tools, APIs, third-party systems & services, and our mobile apps.
We want to find someone who:
- is excited by the chance to build something new as part of a small team at an early-stage startup within a fun market
- enjoys coding in multiple languages across different platforms
- has experience with Unix, git, Postgres (SQL & ORM) and Redis
- thinks every good feature deserves a unit test or two
- believes in refactoring (because tomorrow will come)
- has opinions on product design
- understands the joys and challenges of backpacking!
Ideally, you have years of software development experience across backend systems and the web. Experience with smartphones and other platforms is a bonus.
Tab is based in central London, so you must have the existing right to work within the UK (we cannot currently sponsor a work visa), but there will be opportunities to travel to exciting places to experience the product and meet users.
What will you be working on?
- Tools for small business owners that really care about what they do, and the travellers they meet
- Cross-platform development, on the web and across a big range of mobile devices
- The next generation of fraud detection, focussing on the specific issues of the travel market
- Reliable systems that have to work all over the world 24/7
- Scaling for expansion!
What will you get?
A competitive salary (£40-£60k depending on experience), plus generous equity in a YC-backed startup, flexible hours and the freedom to make a big impact, quickly.
Salary range £40,000 — 60,000
Plus generous equity in a YC-backed startup
More like this
- Marketing Manager/Growth Hacker at LocumTap
- Digital Marketer at Makers Academy
- Senior Product Designer at Potato London Ltd
- React Native Developer at Flex
- Creative Technologist in Data Science 🤓 at Decoded
- Front-end developer at Messly
- Enterprise Data Engineer / Consultant at Keboola
- Technical Project Manager at Powster
- SQL Database Administrator at Kognitiv