Help us build a skills sharing solution that allows companies to engage and develop their workforce by matching relevant employees through machine learning.
Talking Circles is a rich, mobile-first, responsive SaaS web solution built with AngularJS and Django. We're looking for someone who is excited about being thrust into the heart of a fast-moving start-up, with free rein - and encouragement - to actively contribute to strategic, product, and business development.
You’ll be joining the two co-founders - ideally starting February 2017. The first three months will be a high-speed proof of concept phase where we will be working together and getting to know each other. In the first three months, basic expenses will be paid while we close our funding round. Salary & equity will be negotiable at the point of joining, based on experience.
You’ll be working directly with me, Somesh Selvachandran - a full stack developer with 12 years experience. I’ve previously ran a global development team at Morgan Stanley doing pre-trade pricing for Institutional Equity Derivatives.
Dimple Lalwani and I founded Talking Circles in May 2016 around a shared passion for better workplace culture and helping people in their careers. We’re part of the Techstars network and Accelerator Academy.
You will be pairing with me to build and run our web stack and proprietary matching algorithm. Our stack includes:
- Django Web Framework (Python)
- REST APIs over DRF
- AngularJS + Bootstrap + SASS
- Grunt for Task Automation
- Deployed on AWS and Docker
- PostGres + Redis
- Testing Tools: Jasmine, Karma, Selenium/WebDriver
We love automated testing, repeatable processes and one click deployments. We release often, talk to our users, understand their problems and build better solutions.
- Familiarity with AngularJS or a similar MVC framework
- Familiarity with Django + Python
[Nice to haves]
- Experience working in Startups or a SaaS company
- Rest APIs & Automated Testing
- Familiarity with AWS or Docker
- Familiarity with Machine Learning / Matching Algorithms
[What does a day with us look like?]You’ll be working full-time, based out of an incubator in Farringdon or Shadwell.
We put a premium on face-to-face communication, but we also believe in flexible working to suit your needs. We’re looking for someone who’s excited about our vision and making a difference as an integral member of the team. If this sounds interesting please drop us a line and any examples of projects you’ve worked on.
Salary range £25,000 — 35,000
Equity (0.2% - 2%) and salary dependent on experience.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior Data Engineer - Scala at CognitionX
- Software Engineer at Circles
- Lead Platform Engineer at AIWIP
- Full stack developer at Car Quids
- Front end engineer at Fluidly
- Startup Studio Data Scientist at Founders Factory
- Senior Software Engineer at Circles
- Principal Back-End Developer at Circles
- Data Scientist at CognitionX