We are Una, a mission driven company tackling the ever-increasing burden of metabolic disease.
We are combining the latest medical research, data science, bio-sensor technology, and human centred design to enable sustainable behaviour change and improve health outcomes.
💡 We are creating the first medical-grade digital therapy that sustainably solves metabolic dysfunction.
We are backed by Atlantic Food Labs and part of its portfolio network, which includes some of the most inspiring startups in the field such as Clue, Meditopia, Cara Care, and Casper, as well as companies such as SoundCloud and Gorillas.
We are a fast growing, fully remote team that is just getting started. There is a lot of opportunity to shape the direction of the product from the start.
Who you are
Working closely with our tech and product leads, you will help us build quickly and test new features as we learn from our users. Working remotely, you are ready to hit the ground running as we drive towards product-market fit by layering in functionality that improves the health of people living with diabetes. You are comfortable getting your hands on code, expanding your skill set, and explaining technical terms well. You enjoy brainstorming and are up for getting involved across the product development cycle. Most importantly, you are motivated by the potential to improve the health of some of the millions of people that live with metabolic illnesses such as diabetes.
Must have skills
- 4+ years of professional experience developing
- backends, e.g. Django or Flask and
- frontends, e.g. Angular or React
- Proficiency in object-oriented software development and full fluency in Python
- Knowledge of test-driven software development, especially integration testing and end-to-end testing of full stack applications
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Solid understanding of how to design, implement and consume APIs and REST based microservices
- Familiarity with agile software development
- Ability to work in a team which focuses on knowledge sharing, learning and mentoring
- Good communication skills in English
- Are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where priorities can (and do) shift from time to time
- Understanding of IaC tools and container orchestration, i.e. Terraform and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of popular Python data analysis libraries, e.g. Pandas and/or NumPy
- Experience with a mobile cross-platform framework, e.g. Flutter or React Native
- Interest in growing your skill set to cover Dart & Flutter
Research shows that there is a Confidence Gap between different groups (e.g., gender, age, ethnicity) leading some to apply when they meet 60% of the criteria, and others only when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Our tech stack
We're currently running on:
- Architecture: Cloud native, event-driven & microservices
- Infrastructure: Terraform & Kubernetes, GitHub Actions
- Backend: Python & Django (> 3)
- Frontend: Dart & Flutter (> 2)
- Meta: GitHub
What we offer
💪 The opportunity to tackle one of the world's leading health problems
💰 A competitive package with salary and equity potential relevant to experience
🏡 Remote first work environment
🌴 Unlimited holiday policy with a mandatory minimum
🤸 Healthy work-life balance and flexible working hours
👩🏫 Personal growth and training budget
🗺️ An international team
🤝 A network of inspiring peers within the Atlantic Labs network
Una Health Values
- We care deeply about our members' (users') health.
- We build fast for our members because they should not have to wait.
- We recognise that helping people improve their health is hard, and this motivates us.
- We are open and kind with each other.
- We take time to make sure we understand our members and each other.
- We embrace everyone's uniqueness.
Innovation & Learning
- We are curious. We constantly ask 'why?' We are unafraid to challenge the norm.
- We thrive on diverse perspectives**,** such as those that come from different cultures, identities and ideas.
- We learn from and support each other to be our collective best.
Honesty & Transparency
- We are evidence-based and use data to guide our decisions.
- We are honest about our intentions and aware of our limitations.
- We trust our colleagues to do the right thing for our members first and foremost.
- We are reliable.
- We openly admit to our mistakes and collectively learn from them.
- We focus on outcomes not outputs.
- We default to individual autonomy over centralized control.
- Informal introductory call with cofounder Dom - 30 minutes
- Take home technical challenge taking - 3 hours
- Technical interview with tech-lead Yves and CTO advisor Isabella - 1.5 hours
- Product / ways of working interview with Dom - 45 minutes
- Culture / values fit interview with cofounders Pascal and Matt - 45 minutes
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior DevOps Engineer at Mattermost
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Full Stack Software Developer at CAST
- Product Designer at Encore
- Engineering Manager at Automata
- Client facing Frontend Developer at Day Digital
- Head of Sales at inploi
- Engineering Manager at Splyt
- Lead Developer at companiions
- Technical Recruiter (Part-Time, Remote) at Desana