Who we are
Vinterior is the UK’ s leading online furniture marketplace, providing shoppers of all lifestyles and budgets with a curated selection of 30,000 vintage, antique and one-off design furniture pieces.
Our mission is to:
- Offer the world’s greatest selection of furniture and homeware with character at great value;
- Build tools to empower independent furniture dealers and retailers, by helping them manage their online and offline business more efficiently.
We are currently partnering with more than 800 independent professional furniture dealers and have worked with high-profile trade clients and private customers.
Vinterior delivers inspiration, convenience and value to both buyers and sellers with an obsession for providing exceptional customer service.
We are a well-funded startup, backed by Seedcamp (#1 tech startup accelerator in Europe) and top tier UK VC and Angel investors and are currently looking to expand our team. This is an incredible opportunity for a developer to join a fast growing start-up and have a real impact on the product from day one.
Our tech stack
Vinterior's marketplace is built in Ruby on Rails. We are also building a suite of Software-as-a-Service tools alongside our e-commerce site to support our product offering. We're looking for someone with a willingness to learn about data analysis, machine learning, mobile technologies and modern front-end frameworks such as React.
We’re looking for someone who has production experience with building applications in Ruby on Rails. Ideally, you care about writing readable and well-structured code, and you understand how to apply the testing pyramid. We’d rather ship features with confidence than with breakneck speed.
When something’s broken, you should feel empowered to fix it. You’re interested in the multidisciplinary aspect of the role as well as the long-term vision of the product. You like solving problems and learning new skills, and you have strong communication skills. Most importantly, you’re not afraid to take ownership of projects and initiatives.
We choose what to build and how to build it based on what works, and we’re constantly iterating. We’ll have a standup every morning, a retro every 2 week, and regular one-to-one feedback.
We would consider it a bonus if you’ve worked in a startup environment before, if you’ve used React or mobile technologies, if you have experience with building and scaling highly available systems, or if you have an eye for design.
You should be eligible to work in the UK.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to an unparalleled network of mentors from Seedcamp
- We work from an office space based in Old Street, London
- Regular team drinks and celebrations
- Compensation dependent on experience and qualifications (£30K-£60K with possibility for equity)
Salary range £35,000 — 60,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Senior Full Stack Engineer at Flock Ltd
- React Native & Redux Developer at Leika
- Full Stack Developer at Canvas
- Java Developer at Brandwatch
- Business Development Executive at Trouva
- Engineering Manager at Monzo
- Collection Curator at The Plum Guide
- Software Developer at Capital Pilot
- Customer Service Manager at Midrive Limited
- Customer Operations Executive at CharlieHR