Moving into a new rental property is expensive. The security deposit can cost up to six weeks’ rent and often tenants have to find their next deposit before getting their last one back. This slows people down when moving and makes it harder for landlords to find tenants.
The Zero Deposit Guarantee massively reduces the upfront cost of moving, by giving tenants the option of paying 1 week’s rent instead of a security deposit, while providing landlords with the same security as a six week deposit.
This means that landlords benefit from a wider the pool of tenants and can rent their properties faster. The guarantee is insurance backed, so landlords have the same security as a traditional deposit and is already being distributed by many of the leading agents in the UK.
Development at Zero Deposit
We are hiring a Full Stack Developer to work from our London office near Liverpool Street. You'll join our growing product and engineering team (currently seven of us) and will help us continuously improve our platform and customer experience. You will be an excellent fit if you:
- Want to build things which are genuinely useful to end users using modern web app technologies
- Care about the quality of things you build and know how to use automated testing to keep quality high, bonus points if you can teach us some new techniques to improve quality!
- Want to be part of a team who have a desire to learn and improve, you’re likely learning a new framework or language currently
- Are curious about new technologies but also pragmatic about getting things done, tell us about your track record for getting things done!
- Want to contribute to a strong engineering culture, you should be open to change, alternative approaches and understand deleting code can be as important as writing new code
For this role we're looking for someone with a minimum of two years experience building modern web apps. You'll need to take ownership of areas of the codebase and mentor junior members of the team. You'll also need to keep up with the ever evolving world of web app development.
Below are technologies we currently use, we are open minded about new technologies:
- Infrastructure: AWS (S3, Route53, CloudFront, Lambda, RDS), Heroku (Enterprise, Connect)
- Backend: Python (Django/Pyramid), Haskell, Postgres, Celery, RabbitMQ
- Frontend: React/Redux, Yarn, Stylelint, SuiteCSS
- zerodeposit.com: JAM stack using Contentful & Netlify
Why join our team?
You’ll be joining our growing product team which includes our CTO, Developers, Product Manager, Product Designer and Product Specialist. As a company, we:
- Believe in the products we’re building. We care about building the right things for our users and building them well.
- Have a support and challenge culture. We challenge ourselves to do our best work, whilst supporting each other and providing an environment where people can grow.
- Have big ambitions and are well funded in order to deliver on these.
- Respect the need for work life balance, we work hard while we’re here but won’t take over your entire life.
- Competitive Salary
- Performance-related bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Life cover
- Work from home when necessary
- Pension contributions
- MacBooks as standard, or whatever devices you need to get the job done
The role is based in the London office but there's flexibility for some remote working, however candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. Salary and package are competitive. We're committed to being an equal opportunities employer. No recruiters.
Salary range £45,000 — 85,000
Dependent on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Junior Front-end Developer at ContentCal
- Communications and Content Marketing at Lyvly
- Talent & Culture Partner at Create + Adapt ltd
- Customer Support Associate at OurPath
- Product Designer at Nested
- Product Designer at Nested
- Senior Golang Engineer at Verisart
- Senior Back-end Developer at Lifebit