Kano make computing transparent and make tech for creators of all ages. We invented the first make-your-own computer in 2014, launched with the most-crowdfunded ed-tech campaign in history. Kano members have created and shared more than a million applications on its online platform. Our software teaches 21st-century skills, like coding and design, through stories and games.Kano products have been honored as the recipients of Red Dot, Cannes Gold Lion, and Innovation by Design Awards, first-ever two-year sequential TIME Best Invention Awards, and many more.In 2019, Fast Company magazine selected Kano as the second-most innovative company in consumer electronics worldwide (second only to Apple) - and the 24th most innovative overall. Kano recently joined forces with Microsoft to create a powerful, transparent, affordable, and modular Windows computer – the Kano PC, designed specifically for the 21st-century classroom. 2021 is set to be a very exciting year for us - watch this space.
About the role
As Kano continues to grow, we’re looking for a full-time, full-stack engineer with a focus on front-end to join the team. This person should be hungry, ingenious, and a creator at heart to join a team building best in class learn-to-code apps and games.
You’ll be responsible for helping to build the future of our e-commerce and SAAS websites which help drive the growth of our products while supporting our current infrastructure. This includes everything from development, integration and troubleshooting to tracking and optimisation.
Ideal candidates will come from places that deeply value design thinking, with a hands-on attitude to dealing with issues as and when they arise whether it be functional or strategic with a passionate and positive mind.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Help set the technical direction and lead the implementation of our future e-commerce and SAAS websites
- Support and maintain our current e-commerce and SAAS websites infrastructure
- Provide technical support for our third party payment gateways and their integrations
- Help break down business objectives into development tasks
- Championing visual perfection in all UI implementation to match provided designs
- Running and implementing A/B tests
- Be able to document their process and articulate development tasks and decisions
- Experience working with Django/Python in production applications
- Understanding of how to build and maintain content management systems
- Experience with templating languages such as Liquid/Less/Twig (or equivalent templating language experience)
- Working knowledge of cloud based applications, tools and concepts (AWS, API Gateway,
- Lambda, CloudFront, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS)
- A track record delivering performant code
- You like writing modular code with a focus on reuseability
Nice to have:
- Docker & Container Orchestration Platforms (Docker compose/Kubernetes/AWS ECS).
- Work in a team, including some world famous creative people, who are building the next generation creative consumer tech products
- Play with new tech and gadgets to explore new avenues of innovation
- We give an annual benefits package which can be used as reimbursement for any form of personal and professional development
- You will be part of the company’s Stock Option plan
- Work with exceptional and diverse group of multinational people
- Informal, friendly and flexible work environment
- Based in a beautiful, creative, light-filled studio in Spitalfields, London
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Full Stack Software Engineer at Lollipop
- Work in conservation (with React Native) at Chirp Birding
- Software Engineer - Full Stack (PHP/React) at Dawson Andrews
- Head of Engineering at Zero Deposit
- Digital Marketing Executive at Pockit Limited
- Lead Engineer at Zero Deposit
- Data Science Director at Juni
- Customer Success Director at Juni
- 🛒 E-commerce Manager at Yuca at Yuca
- Product Director at Juni