SmarterQueue is a ground-breaking social media scheduling tool. It solves the problems that people are still facing with time-consuming manual tasks, and low engagement. Ultimately, the platform saves users over 5 hours per week, and increases the effectiveness of their social media content up to 300%.
The product is officially launching in Feb 2017, but we already have hundreds of paying beta customers, and thousands of people on our waiting list, all from word-of-mouth referrals.
Our ideal person - is this you?
Attention to detail - that’s primarily what has made SmarterQueue successful - when adding new features, you can write code that handles every possible case.
Regular communication - you must communicate effectively and in a timely manner. Responsive to messages, and send regular updates.
Ability to work independently - you’re welcome to ask questions as often as necessary, but should be able to complete work on time without having to be chased, or set expectations.
Good UX awareness - so that features are easy to use and follow best practices.
Stable code - You’re as excited about bug-fixing and keeping the product stable, as you are about adding new features. You’re open to conform to our coding standards, even if it’s not the way you’re used to.
Remote worker - you’re happy being part of a remote team, with weekly team calls, Skype and Slack to keep you connected with the rest of the team.
Our roadmap is full of exciting features and improvements that our users are eagerly waiting for.
You will be involved in designing and developing new features, specifying how they will work, and coding them all the way through from the database structure and PHP, to HTML and JS.
- PHP & MySQL
- Ability to write procedural PHP without depending on a framework (there is a bespoke framework and library of helper functions, similar to developing for Wordpress)
- HTML, CSS, jQuery
- Working with Git/similar
- Working with AWS (esp. deployment)
- Unit testing, and automated in-browser testing
- RESTful APIs (creating them, and integrating with 3rd party services like FB/Twitter/etc)
- 1-3 month contract (20-40hrs/week), with potential for a permanent role.
- You will report directly to the CEO, alongside other developer(s).
- You can work remotely, from any timezone.
£20-£40/hour, depending on location/expertise
How to apply
Send an intro email, along with your CV, to us via https://smarterqueue.com/contact
- Why you’re interested in working on SmarterQueue, and how you would improve the platform.
- What relevant experience you have, including links to your work and online presence.
Don’t just send a generic cover letter or a lone CV - we want to know a little bit about who you are!
We're currently a small team, spanning London, Canada, USA, and Australia, and have built a product that people LOVE, and shout about. We’re actively looking for a diverse and gender-balanced team.
Visit https://smarterqueue.com for more information about the product
NO OUTSOURCED TEAMS/AGENCIES
We're also hiring other roles:
- Customer Success agent
- Conversion Optimisation Marketer/Analyst
Salary range £35,000 — 70,000
Dependant on location/expertise
More like this
- Remote Entrepreneurial Intern (Paid) at Maître
- Technical lead/Architect at *Research
- Developer at dxw
- PHP Developer at ZPG
- Front-end Developer at Future Corp
- Software Engineer at FundApps
- Front-end Developer / Designer at dxw
- Front-end developer at GatherContent
- Technical Lead at Urban Intelligence