We are on a mission to empower people to take control of their health. We’ve started by making the most valuable internal health data accessible and we’ve built a platform on top of a slick home blood test service. That's just the start. We’re a growing team of tech, product, marketing and medical people with fantastic investors and an ever increasing number of customers.
We are looking for someone who wants to build world-class products and understands how technology can help achieve this. You’ll be excited about joining a small team where you’ll have a big impact on stuff that gets built and you’ll be shipping production code regularly. We are a serious business but we like to laugh and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
• You can write semantic HTML and well structured, maintainable CSS/SCSS are comfortable working anywhere in the stack.
• You are quick to learn new technologies, languages and frameworks but understand that shiny and new isn’t always the best tool for the job and can reason about what the right choice is and why.
• You care about code quality and maintainability but don’t optimise prematurely and understand when it’s right to make tradeoffs to get things in front of customers.
• You have designed and developed REST APIs and have a good understanding of HTTP and ideally understand what makes a good public API.
• You have worked with technologies such as Redis and RabbitMQ and understand how and when they can help.
• You have an eye for design and UI and are happy to wireframe and prototype without always having a design beforehand.
• You have experience working with the AWS suits of tools or similar.
• You have experience building native mobile apps.
Technologies we currently use
Vue.js, React, SCSS, HTML, Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Heroku, AWS
- Competitive salary and meaningful options for the right person.
- Weekly team activities.
- Opportunity to work on your own projects.
- Flexible working hours.
- 28 days paid annual leave so you get time away from start-up life.
- Choose your own equipment and setup.
Salary range £45,000 — 60,000
Dependent on experience (plus options)
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Lead Engineer at Stowga
- Junior Full Stack Developer at Mighty Sharp
- Front-end Developer at Simply Business
- Senior Back-end Developer at miDrive
- Full Stack Software Engineer at Lavanda
- Senior Front-end Web Developer at miDrive
- Front-End Teacher at 23 Code Street
- Front-end developer at Shepper Limited
- UI/UX Designer at Thriva